LENNOX G60UH-24A-070-04

Kate

Hi Bill - it's from 2004 and was taken out because the owner had a heat pump installed. My current furnace is that Lennox G8Q3 from 1963 that has the heat exchanger going and is vented up through a stack through the roof. It's still working but I want to have a replacement ready. (Yes I have a CO detector near a heat register) I'm worried that the only on-line reviews on the G60 are negative. Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Hi Bill - it's from 2004 and was taken out because the owner had a heat pump installed. My current furnace is that Lennox G8Q3 from 1963 that has the heat exchanger going and is vented up through a stack through the roof. It's still working but I want to have a replacement ready. (Yes I have a CO detector near a heat register) I'm worried that the only on-line reviews on the G60 are negative. Thanks for your thoughts on this!

I've seen a few G60s in the wild and they seem to be just fine.

Online reviews of things like furnaces are not of much use. The only time anyone posts such a review is when he or she it having trouble with it. No one goes online to post a positive review of a furnace.

I hope that you're not paying much for a 10-year old used furnace.

Thanks for your reassurances, Bill and Brandon. I saw the furnace demoed yesterday and looked/sounded good. He's asking $450 Cdn which I think is fair. I welcome your comments....! Then it's another $800 to install and make the connecting metal ducts fit.