Jump to content

Stucco panel identification


Recommended Posts

It *looks* like fiber cement, but I had a hard time believing that a FC product could deteriorate as fast as the material in the third picture, even with that Cat IV exhaust directed onto it. But I guess if it was cheap-ass *enough*...

If it wasn't fibercement, then look at Abtco's hardboard panel siding. They make one that looks like that.

http://www.beyerslumber.com/roofing-and ... ling-abtco

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not the place I'm thinking of.....

Hardipanel has an "H" channel to hold the panels; it's not flashing necessarily, but it's a channel.

Architectural panels like this should have a treated edge intended for exposure, a 1/4 inch (or so) gap, and and (of course) a drainage plane. Dupont had a Tyvek product, black, that was a housewrap intended for use under panels. When you butt the panels, bad things happen, as we can see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...