Jump to content

Name this product

Jim Katen

Recommended Posts

Maybe they just blast that awful soundtrack until the mold runs away.

I second the bleach. When I worked at the log home mill we would routinely bleach old stock to make it look less old. 1:1 household bleach and water. PPE was a scrub brush on a long handle and a spot in the yard far away from the shop doors.

That is way stronger than Clorox though. Probably concentrated liquid pool chlorine; $6 for two gallons at Walmart. Nasty stuff. I open my pool with that two gallon kit. 15,000 gallons from green and slimy to sparkling clear in less than 30 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Clorox is usually 6% hyphchlorite. That's plenty strong enough to whiten any wood product quickly.

I use a 50/50 solution of Clorox to remove stains on my cutting boards. Leave it on for too long and it'll eat cellulose, leaving the wood fibers hanging loose.

That breathing apparatus he's wearing - do any of them stop chlorine? Looks dangerous.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...