We've added some new downloads!!!

Hi All,

How many of you have ever visited TIJ's download section to browse the documents there and download some free resources?

Didn't know there was such a thing? Well, here's what you do.

1. Pass your cursor over "Resources" on the blue menu bar under the TIJ logo at the top of the page. This will drop down a selection menu.

2. Choose "Downloads". This will take you to the downloads page.

3. Browse the list of documents there. When you find one you want, click the title link at the left side, wait for the document to open and either save it to your hard drive or print it from there.

That's all there is to it. There's plenty of stuff there that rookies as well as veteran home inspectors can use and, best of all, it's free!

Saturday morning I spent some time explaining to my home inspection students at North Seattle Community College the nuances of factory-built housing and, most specifically, the differences between manufactured homes and modular homes.

This evening, I tracked down some decent documents pertaining to this topic and posted them to the downloads section. These were:

Consumers Guide To Factory-Built Housing - An 80 page guide published by H.U.D. and P.A.T.H. that explains the various categories of factory built homes and provides a clear explanation of the differences between "modular" and "manufactured" homes.

Manufactured Homes Energy Saving Guide - A HUD guide to how to improve energy usage in manufactured homes.

Know of some good public domain pubs that would be helpful to inspectors? Let me know about them and I'll track 'em down and post them here.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike