WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwow!

plummen

A friend of mine and his dingbat wife are trying to sell their old house they've been renting to a couple of her kids for around 4 years now.

Anyway the place is pretty well trashed including the hvac system,so I gave his wife a bid for a new 90 plus furnace/coil/lineset/condenser and power vent water heater since the chimney was shot.

I told her I could do it for $4500.00,she called me the next day saying a friend of one of the kids worked for an hvac shop and could do it for $3500.00.

So today he calls me saying the guy was totally screwing the job up big time,Ill let the pictures do the talking.[:-censore

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014101822859_franksnightmare2.jpg

71.35 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014101823043_franksnightmare1.jpg

68.6 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014101823134_franksnightmare3.jpg

100.54 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014101823252_franksnightmare4.jpg

97.79 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2014101823343_franksnightmare5.jpg

138.58 KB

Feel free to tear this clowns work to pirces.

I haven't met the idiot doing the work yet,but Im guessing he either drives a delivery truck or pushes a broom at the hvac shop he works for!

Ive never seen a pvc flue pipe hanging 8' out of a house,5' into neighbors yard.Should there be a guy wire on it from the roof for support?[:-taped][:-censore

That's the beauty of a free market.

• Your dingbat friend is free to hire the cheapest slack jawed mouth breather (SJMB) that she can find.

SJMB is free to pursue a trade for which he's entirely unqualified.

The market eventually pushes SJMB out of business.

SJMB then becomes free to pursue his next career. (SJMB Home Inspections?)

I can still get all the materials through the supply house for around $3200.00 and change,another other $700.00 would have paid for a helper to do the grunt work for me.I would have walked away with lunch money and gas out of the deal.

I was going to do it strictly as a favor for him on my part,he owns a sewer and drain co and has given me lots of work back when I was still working.

The guy who did the work is a total hack of the highest order.

He asked me what it would cost for me to fix the mess,I told him $4500.00[:-party]

Did you guys notice how he connected the old 3/8-5/8 lineset to the condenser that takes a 3/4-3/8 lineset? Im guessing the service valves are shot before its ever been started![:-censore

I can still get all the materials through the supply house for around $3200.00 and change,another other $700.00 would have paid for a helper to do the grunt work for me.I would have walked away with lunch money and gas out of the deal.

I was going to do it strictly as a favor for him on my part,he owns a sewer and drain co and has given me lots of work back when I was still working.

The guy who did the work is a total hack of the highest order.

He asked me what it would cost for me to fix the mess,I told him $4500.00[:-party]

Did you guys notice how he connected the old 3/8-5/8 lineset to the condenser that takes a 3/4-3/8 lineset? Im guessing the service valves are shot before its ever been started![:-censore

Yeah, I noticed Mr. SJMB crimped the vapor schrader to fit the undersized vapor line but I though the schrader was a 7/8 and the lineset a 3/4. I don't always strike that. Sometimes a 3 1/2 ton on a short 3/4 vapor line is ok, IMHO.

Marc