BX lying under sink

Mike Lamb

FWIW I have never even seen NM damaged under the sink. Also AC cable has the same installation restrictions as NM and cannot be installed where subject to damage.

Jim P, you are an electrician. Exposed NM, like hanging from a garbage disposer, is a code violation, no?

AC is ok clamped to the wall, correct?

Romex/nm needs to be physically protected,Not exposed around here.

Run the ac into a metal 4sq box where it comes out of the wall with an outlet,Then run an appliance cord from disposal to it.

Of course if that existing mess was code when built its a little tough to make them change it now,Other than maybe clamping it to back of cabinet.

Here's the Bosch thing.....I guess it is square, kind of. The whip is brought into the box, then the cord plugs into a fancy recep on the back of the DW. It's a really nice system.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015122192657_IMG_0977.jpg

7.83 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015122192722_IMG_0980.jpg

11.08 KB

That's interesting. Sounds like a HDTV connection for a TV.

I see plenty of unprotected NM wire, but in newer construction often covered with a piece of Sealtight (not necessarily with any connectors at the ends). On new construction now I typically see cord and plug connected.

I remodeled my kitchen last year and the inspector told me during my rough inspection to make sure I used a cord because a disconnect is required and the switch does not count. I used a push button switch mounted in the countertop and that is designed to work with a cord and plug. The GD also came with a cord and plug.