Powdered Insulation?

concerned12

Typical.

The guy does not even know if there is a real problem but imagines there is and wants to blame somebody and get the media to fight his battle then blast us for common sense advice. Sheesh, glad he is not my tenant.

There is always one. Did you even take the time to go to Flickr.com to view the photos before you started bashing. Go read what the boro inspector said about "damage to structural elements of the floor".

My bedroom floor is leaning to one side and is unstable. While just walking thru the room my entertainment stand rocked back and forth and my 27 inch tube TV fell off from 5 feet high and smashed to the floor. What if that had been a 150 gallon fish tank and two little kids were playing and jumping up and down and the fish tank fell on them. That's a serious, legitimate problem.......use your head!

Bruce,

Your landlord obviously doesn't care about your welfare or the welfare of his building. In general, this is a personality trait that doesn't change. Media stories might make you feel better but they won't change his attitude.

My best advice is to focus your energy on finding another place to live. You can still fight the good fight from new digs - and you can do so more effectively if you're not sick and if you don't have to worry about falling through the floor into that swamp in the crawlspace.

Redead the previous two posts over and over. And over.

Big chunks of my biz involve consulting to massively huge rental property management operations. Some of these folks own >3000 units and manage another 10,000. I can give you every permutation of every conceivable outcome of your conundrum with all odds favoring you getting ****ed in just about every one, with the very few that might give you an ounce of satisfaction taking years to accomplish.

Think hard about where you want to plant your flag on this one.