The Fathoms July 11 Asbury Park NJ

Any of you NY/NJ-area inspectors: If you are around Asbury Park NJ on July 11, The Fathoms (a band I'm in) is being feautured.. Asbury Lanes Asbury Park Surf Music Festival We are going-on around 7pm or so.. Im the guy at far-R in the photo of a gig in Plymouth MA.

These a bunch of videos on You Tube if you wanna check out der music... Inspection work is fun.. but this is way funner.. :)

Click to Enlarge
2015687834_11149721_984950524878602_5595391981988026207_o.png

261.77 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201568797_860321_484407018353065_5489562158850671162_o.jpg

48.84 KB

Little pub a few miles S of Gillette Stadium... This area is LOADED with Irish Pubs... The highest concentration of Irish-Americans in the US is here.. Norfolk County MA (Or I should say "County Norfolk").. This video is of our cover of "Walk Don't Run" By The Ventures. I did a lot of music over the years, but I never got to do any Ventures/surf era stuff at all.. It's a joy

• 1 month later...

Well, the fickle Flanger of Fate hit me days before this event that I was looking forward to.. .I had an emergency appendectomy that put me out of action for two weeks.. Bummer! I even did 2 inspections on the day before it was taken out and it was 'talkin' to me... Missed the festival and was on my back.. :)

Sorry to hear, Rob. But you are lucky that's one part you don't need.

Yeah, did you get replaced for the show? That would be painful too.

When the Eagles bass player, Timothy Something, got sick here last year, they canceled both shows. What, they couldn't find a bass player to play Eagles tunes? No, they didn't want to bruise his ego, sure, we understand. Sorry, just ribbing you a bit and hope you are back to surfing the stage real soon.

Thanks.. The Fathoms is a 4 piece and Mr. Rob is Mr. Solid 2nd guitar... the Fathoms Trio was not the same.. :) So... Mr. Leader said 'rob no go/we no go'..

It's OK.. I've done other very cool gigs in the past life.. (Opened up for Johnny Winter, Savoy Brown, Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels, Rick Derringer, Joe Ely, and what feels like a million other gigs all over New England..but was probably only a thousand or so.. not sure.. I never kept count.. )

I love doin this band though.. we not only do our own stuff, but we cover a ton of cool stuff like The Shadows, Ventures, other arcane bands from the 1960's.. it's very "Ventures-like".. which is something I never got a chance to do as I started 'playing out' only in 1969... I was chasing the "Led" and The Tull and such..