thermostatic shower pulsing

wu1

Evening.. just fitted a bar thermostatic shower mixer.

Milan make..

Max bar 5 bar

When fitting I got the feed the wrong way round.. change back and now the shower is pulsating. .

It has 2 out let's as it's a rain fall shower..

When water is running through hand set I can feel the head pulsating also when switching to rainfall head it shakes the..controls.. bath taps and basin taps are fine there is no air in pipe work.. so do I fit pressure relief valves to hot and cold shower feeds?

It's all running of a mega flow pressurised system. . So in theory should be balanced. ..

Victorian plumbing are sending out a new cartridge but I can't se that running hot and cold through it would have damaged it!?

Please advise... getting very stressed.com

Steve

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about; you're not using standard terminology. We need to clarify some terms.

Is it a pressure balanced or thermostatic mixing valve?

Did you install it yourself? Are there air hammer pockets?

Got a picture of the valve and installation?

Mega flow system are balanced.. but I have found out tat the main water supply ..runs directly to the shower before getting to the mega flow. . Hence the mains could be higher than hot out let..

Think this could be my problem so going to fit a nrv to hot side to see if it helps. If not could be a prv

Yes I did fit myself..

We could feel his pain.....and it's because we love him......

Yeah, pretty much gibberish. Those asking for advice and help and then answering their own questions with additional improvised attempts at making right that which is hopelessly wrong....well, my morbid curiosity for lurid details is insatiable.

I'm hoping he adds more valves and fittings until...until.....

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015882247_Curly%20Stooge%20Plumbing.jpg

45.78 KB

So Marc what did u do..

I'm fitting a nrv Monday. .on hot feed to shower to see if this stops the cold pushing back down the hot feed.. then if this fails.. a prv. . On cold feed..

I wrote it up in my report, recommending that a plumber examine and repair it.

What is NRV?

I still don't understand what makes a faucet pulse that way. No one seems to know.

Marc

Take the washers, pipes, cartridge and look at they operate without pulsing erratically. Take the faucet off the wall and then reinstall the wall and valves so that the washers, pipes, cartridge and look at the washers, pipes, cartridge and then reinstall the internal parts and valves operate without pulsing erratically.

Take the washers, pipes, cartridge and look at they operate without pulsing erratically. Take the faucet off the wall and then reinstall the wall and valves so that the washers, pipes, cartridge and look at the washers, pipes, cartridge and then reinstall the internal parts and valves operate without pulsing erratically.

It's frightening how well you do that.