radio tubes

I have found a hoard of vacuum tubes (in my barn). a salesman hand trunk and several unique boxes. most are new, damaged wet boxes. I got maybe 4-500+-. I would like to recoup my investment. any interest or offers?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015823205119_IMG_2735.jpg

81.41 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2015823205236_IMG_2717.jpg

91.6 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201582320534_IMG_2736.jpg

84.44 KB

I do not have an inventory, but more photos.

Hey Les, the new radio and TV tubes will fetch $3 to $5 a piece.

Some of those tubes will fit in guitar amps. Those ones have Mojo, $15, $20 or even $50 a piece.

Look for 6V6, 6L6, EL34, 5881, 6550, 70XX, , 5Y3, 5U4, 5AR4 are octals, 8 pins and a bakelite base.

12AY7, 12AT7, 12AX7, 12AT7, EL84, 9-pin glass mini tubes, post-war. Actually they were developed for the military during the war.

There's others but those are the common amp tubes. RCA are run of the mill. Mullards are holy, but you have none of those. A lot of the others are rebranded RCA or GE. The names are worth learning for pricing guitar type tubes. Those guys will swear a Marconi sounds sweeter than a Westinghouse from the same RCA factory.

Radio guys won't pay big bucks for tubes unless they're building a transmitter, or a really old unit with rare tubes you don't have, or if it's an 'eye' tube. Early 30's radio tubes have two digits 22, 46, 80 and such. Worth more.

Military spec (milspec) tubes have mucho mojo, double your money on those.

Unlike a lot of old stuff, vacuum tubes don't go bad on the shelf. That is a pretty cool find, worth getting into.

I think most of those in these pics are common radio types, $3.00 retail but prices vary, up to $8 for some.

However, 'corrosion' may be a problem.. ??

The pins could be tarnished but easy enough to clean. All the goodies are vacuum sealed in glass, good to go.

But what I see in the pics are standard radio/TV tubes. Need to do an inventory to find any gold in there. [:)]

The black metal tubes are every bit as valuable as the glass, BTW. The metal housing shields the innards and you get a cleaner output.

The big sucker above the kid in the tartan pants, that one is interesting.

http://www.tubecollector.org/

If you want info nowadays, just google the tube type and you'll find a description and a retail price somewhere.