Looking for an EIFS JPEG with a Replacement Window

Scottpat

Window installation detail has always been a troublesome topic for me. The detail depends on type of wall finish, type of wall construction and type of window.

I've yet to find a source that details every permutation. The JLC Guide to Moisture Control is the closest I've gotten.

Marc

Is it installed as a replacement inside the original window? If yes then the original details should still be in place. They could be fouled with a crappy wrap job, but they would still be there.

If they pulled the whole window out I don't see how the detailing could be present at all unless they cut into the finish and patched back in.

Is it installed as a replacement inside the original window? If yes then the original details should still be in place. They could be fouled with a crappy wrap job, but they would still be there.

If they pulled the whole window out I don't see how the detailing could be present at all unless they cut into the finish and patched back in.

The original windows were cutout. The replacement windows (Marvin) were then placed in the openings and sealed just with backer rod and sealant. I'm just trying to find any details that show this being done. I don't have anything that shows a replacement window install in EIFS or how it could even be done.

I do have details that show the EIFS being cut away and the old window being removed and new windows(not replacement type) with nailing fins being installed and then the EIFS being replaced and properly sealed. This is the proper way to replaces windows in EIFS. But, this is not what was done on the home I'm consulting on. [:)]

The kicker is that the manufacturer does not warranty any window installed in EIFS...

Here's a pic of how we set windows in stucco.....it's a sheet metal sill pan and jamb fabrication, and the window sans any molding or nailing flange is slid in from the interior. The 2nd pic shows the window in place, with a small wick that drains the pan.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20151123203917_window%20stucco.jpg

37.12 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20151123204056_window%20stucco%202.jpg

65 KB

Here's a pic of how we set windows in stucco.....it's a sheet metal sill pan and jamb fabrication, and the window sans any molding or nailing flange is slid in from the interior. The 2nd pic shows the window in place, with a small wick that drains the pan.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20151123203917_window%20stucco.jpg

37.12 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20151123204056_window%20stucco%202.jpg

65 KB

That's sexy!

I have seen similar details before like that and its about the only way to install a window in my opinion?.