Inspecting the same house twice

Maybe they're human and want to know their adviser is completely open and honest about everything. Meaning everything, not just some things.

Don't minimize the emotional state most buyers are in. Most are desperate even if they appear outwardly calm.

Just got back about 4:30 this ayem from the emergency room where the doc gave me a diagnosis of bronchitis. During the admitting process, the lady asked me if I had a living will. With an IV in one arm, the BP inflater on the other and a half dozen sensors taped to my chest,I replied 'DO I NEED ONE?

There was no need for her to ask.

Likewise, there's no need to volunteer that I've been to that property recently. It might alarm the client for no good reason at all.

Marc

Maybe they're human and want to know their adviser is completely open and honest about everything. Meaning everything, not just some things.

Don't minimize the emotional state most buyers are in. Most are desperate even if they appear outwardly calm.

Just got back about 4:30 this ayem from the emergency room where the doc gave me a diagnosis of bronchitis. During the admitting process, the lady asked me if I had a living will. With an IV in one arm, the BP inflater on the other and a half dozen sensors taped to my chest,I replied 'DO I NEED ONE?

There was no need for her to ask.

Likewise, there's no need to volunteer that I've been to that property recently. It might alarm the client for no good reason at all.

Marc

Heck, every time I see my doctor, she just shakes her head and asks me why I haven't finished a living will. She even gives me the paperwork as I leave the office.

I wish my market was busy enough to worry about inspecting the same house twice.

I have been a remodeling contractor for nearly 30 years. I recently inspected a house I had worked on. Full disclosure, described what I worked on and when.

A little over a year ago I was asked to fix a house I had previously Inspected. The leaky gutter that I pointed out almost 6 years prior finally did enough damage that the fascia fell off. Not my client, no need for disclosure.

The combination of a medium size market and years in business means we run into this often. We always tell them immediately. Only had two that asked for another inspector. We just send another inspector asap. However, we never disclose the previous inspection information. Nothing, ever.

I believe HIPA requires the question of living will.