good article Kurt

Stellar writing. There's subtle lessons in there for most readers that go beyond high-rises and condo's, like 'see how little you actually know' and 'everything you thought you knew is wrong'.

Reminds me of a term I learned just a few days ago that's pandemic in our profession: Bystander Effect. Folks uninformed tend to accept what groups believe in order to feel accepted by the group. Truth takes a vacation.

Marc

Kurt gets the A+ grade for this assignment.

I take some comfort in the comments of a geologist in a New Yorker story about a fossil-hunting trip in New Jersey. The reporter asked the scientist who led the fossil excursion what he thought about the strip-mall style buildings they sat among while eating ice cream on a break.

The scientist gave a dismissive wave of the hand and said, "We just call all of this kind of stuff 'ephemera', as it will not last long and will leave few traces."

Ha! It was sort of an assignment. Frank called and asked me to write a condo inspection article, so I did.

I appreciate all the comments very much. I spitball stuff constantly, sometimes it works and sometimes it's really bad. This one ended up sounding like I wanted it to, and when other people hear it, it's the coolest thing.