I'm bad, really bad

Looked at some house a while back. Had a few problems. Bla, bla, bla.

Three days or so later I get this from the listing RE broker:

You killed another deal for me again ...

So frustrating.

I waited for about 20 minutes and came up with this:

Not that much wrong with that house. All fixable. Too bad it couldn?t have been negotiated.

I wonder what you would not have wanted to know about if you were buying that house?

It's been a month or so and he hasn't got back to me yet.

More badness. 2 Thursdays back it's 10am. I'm at the river putting my raft together. It's going to be 73 that day, and was. My phone rings. It's some Realtor assistant saying " Here's the day code for you". wtf, did I forget an appointment? After 30 minutes of freaking out I find out from my clients agent that I had said I would come back out and look at a sub panel after the owner scraped all the paint off the perimeter and especially the screws. Some one thought I would just run over there on a moments notice. I handled it the next morning and the screws were still full of paint. The owner had merely opened the front swing out cover. So I ripped the paint out of those screws.

I've never blown an appointment, yet.

I had visions of putting up Fb photos and the Realtors saying look at that clown. He was supposed to be at .... at 11:00 today. [:-paperba

Looked at some house a while back. Had a few problems. Bla, bla, bla.

Three days or so later I get this from the listing RE broker:

You killed another deal for me again ...

So frustrating.

I waited for about 20 minutes and came up with this:

Not that much wrong with that house. All fixable. Too bad it couldn?t have been negotiated.

I wonder what you would not have wanted to know about if you were buying that house?

It's been a month or so and he hasn't got back to me yet.

Try this next time: 'I don't work for you' or 'You're not my client'

The ones that get angry, I like. I like to see the red in their faces.

Marc

I don't remember an agent telling me I killed a deal. Not directly like that. If they did, I would just say that the information I presented was valid and I have no control how people react to it. I always try and de-escalate. I think its wise to avoid fanning flames as it may only encourage bad information about you being circulated. Unjustified criticism is bad for business too.

Don't get me wrong. A fair share of my clients have decided not to move forward after my inspections. They usually hire me a second time. On a rare occasion, a third time.

Its too bad that agent was the actual broker. If he were an associated agent, one might approach his broker to offer supplemental education about home inspections.

His comment appears to demonstrate contempt for the value of our industry's services.

I wonder if he considers himself a "problem solver" for his clientele. If so, his credibility is somewhat lacking when it comes to addressing objective information.

The real estate industry has always shown nothing but contempt for this thing we do. They offer lip service to the idea we're part of the equation only because customers demand it.

Real estate has always been a smoke and mirrors operation. Sales success isn't predicated on providing value or useful information; it's about pretty narratives. Real estate sales may be the only sales model where product knowledge negatively effects the ability to sell.