Call from a Realtor

"Hi, Chad? This is Pushy McPushface from Howard Hanna. Can you do an inspection on Monday starting at 6PM?

"Hi Pushy, I'm sorry, I can't start that late- I need daylight for the entire inspection."

"Oh. How long does it take to inspect 1,700 sf ranch built in 1972?"

"Three to four hours."

"Oh. I'll have to get back to you."

...and that is why I have nothing to do with realtors.

• Like 1

In Louisiana, the influence of Realtors is such that the most successful inspectors in the state are not the ones with the greatest expertise anymore, but the inept and careless.  The inept and careless, by their nature, miss things and report less.  That helps protect the Realtor's commission.

End of rant.

Lawsuits and client expectations rid the profession of the inept and careless.  Unfortunately, the HI Schools false advertising of how easy it is to make money brings in new inept and careless to feed the wheel.
The cycle endlessly repeats itself but every now and then a few good ones slip into the profession.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 5:00 AM, Marc said:

In Louisiana, the influence of Realtors is such that the most successful inspectors in the state are not the ones with the greatest expertise anymore, but the inept and careless.  The inept and careless, by their nature, miss things and report less.  That helps protect the Realtor's commission.

End of rant.

And that bothers me. I'm new to this and, already, I see REAs looking for an HI that will go easy on the report - obviously to not muff the sale. Sorry. Client comes first.

Nice rant, by the way.