Looking for school recommendations

Hi Everyone,  

I live in Washington state and I am looking to get into the Home Inspection business and was wondering if anyone can help guide me in the right direction. I am going to down to check out a school in Burien today. I have also called the Ashi school since they are holding a class in Bellevue, but I was not impressed with the people I spoke to and I have seen mixed reviews on them so I'm not really sure what to make of them. I live north of Seattle and I see there are a few more schools to check out but wanted to ask here first.

Thank you, 

Chris

The schools are mostly about meeting regulatory requirements so choose one that's convenient and get that squared away.  Your real education comes later, once you begin working and that's a different question.

You might check with Mike O'Handley,  He's a member here from Washington State but hasn't checked in for quite a while.  You can't beat him when it comes to pre-licensing education but I don't know if he's still teaching.  I don't have his contact info but maybe someone else who knows will come along.  Check back later.

Edited by Marc

4 hours ago, Chris L said:

I have also called the Ashi school since they are holding a class in Bellevue, but I was not impressed with the people I spoke to and I have seen mixed reviews on them

That's going to be true of every school out there. They're all pretty dopey. The most you can hope for from one of these programs is to learn what you need to study after the program is over. 

my issue with most schools is the instructors.  Many really do not have the experience to teach inspection.  You could be a genius abt electricity and be a really poor teacher for inspecting electrical.  Lots of politics. 

Pick a school, do the best you can and get into the real world for training.