Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know the name of this kind of brick? It's like a cross between a CMU and a brick - 8" deep with large hollow cores. I see them a lot in small commercial buildings, particularly professional buildings like doctor's and dentist's offices. 



Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jim Katen said:

Odd name. 

Are other bricks not structural? 

its semantics ;~))

by structural meaning load bearing

these are generally not considered structural

thin brick   brick veneer   light partition walls

i'm sure there are others

but you already knew all this & more ;~))

Edited by BADAIR
Link to post
Share on other sites

That all makes sense. Thanks. 

I did some poking around and found it interesting that the term "Atlas brick" always has the tm trademark sign next to it, but it seems to be claimed by at least two different manufacturers: Muddox and Interstate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...