They're Ba-ak!!! Ohio Tries For Licensing Again

hausdok

Five years ago, an attempt to introduce a bill to license home inspectors in Ohio never made it out of committee.

Nonetheless, home inspectors in Ohio were so divided over the issue that the Ohio ASHI chapter split into two different chapters.

Now things are heating up again in Ohio with two competing versions of a licensing law introduced within 4 weeks of each other in both the house and the senate. For more information, click here.

If anyone is interested in this, I am involved with a group starting the Ohio Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI). We're in the beginning stages of formation with a lot of work ahead of us. The idea is to bring Home Inspectors together without the divisions of the various organizations. Currently, we are studying the Michigan and Wisconsin chapters as a model.

With licensing looming in the future, it will become more important to have a dedicated voice to serve our profession in OH.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me through this website or at my posted email. I can have the appropriate people contact you. This is in the very beginning stages, and all help will certainly be appreciated and welcome. Our goal is to move forward together and strengthen our profession here in the Buckey State.