Sign in to follow this  
Bill Kibbel

Hotel Henry Conference Center,

Hey Chad, I gotta check this place out. Lets put together a couple days of classes here.

Adaptive reuse of a former insane asylum in Buffallo, NY

That place is awesome! We've stayed at historic hotels in Buffalo, but somehow we've missed this one.

It takes a while for me to get all the approvals necessary from NY. If you're serious, ( and I hope you are) send me a couple course outlines and I'll get the paperwork going.

It'll be an extravaganza!

I have been allocated one more fifty pound pill for 2019 and am prepared to use it for just this occasion! 

Les (Mr. Smooth) shows up and steals all the women.

I'd really like to see this building - an excellent story of preservation/adaptive reuse.

I also want to see Buffalo.   Dad was born and raised there and started his engineering career at Becco Chemicals.  Grandpa Kibbel was a plumber at Niagara Hydroelectric.

I just recently discovered my Great Grandfather was the plumbing inspector for Buffalo for about 25 years.  He also taught advanced plumbing and heating and wrote a book on plumbing.  It turns out I've already read his articles in The Journal of Plumbing and Heating and Mechanical Contracting and Plumbing including the article I read decades ago that really helped me understand gravity hot water heating.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Kibbel said:

Les (Mr. Smooth) shows up and steals all the women.

I'd really like to see this building - an excellent story of preservation/adaptive reuse.

I also want to see Buffalo.   Dad was born and raised there and started his engineering career at Becco Chemicals.  Grandpa Kibbel was a plumber at Niagara Hydroelectric.

I just recently discovered my Great Grandfather was the plumbing inspector for Buffalo for about 25 years.  He also taught advanced plumbing and heating and wrote a book on plumbing.  It turns out I've already read his articles in The Journal of Plumbing and Heating and Mechanical Contracting and Plumbing including the article I read decades ago that really helped me understand gravity hot water heating.  

That's Fantastic!

We're going to make this a *thing*. 

I am going to see him Friday and will check if he has any complimentary tickets left for me.  Problem is my wife, Concetta, is insisting she attend if it comes together!