Fake Exterior Light Fixtures

Jerry Simon

Did a job for a friend recently, and they just did their final walk-through yesterday.  He discovered the front exterior light fixtures didn't have any bulb sockets; they were just *decorative*.  I just looked for big-ticket items and never even checked lights.  Regardless, anybody have a clue why anyone would install such?

1 hour ago, Jerry Simon said:

Did a job for a friend recently, and they just did their final walk-through yesterday.  He discovered the front exterior light fixtures didn't have any bulb sockets; they were just *decorative*.  I just looked for big-ticket items and never even checked lights.  Regardless, anybody have a clue why anyone would install such?

Is he sure? The new exterior LED fixtures have no sockets, just little flat LED disks that might look like "nothing" until you turn on the light. And if it's daytime, the lights might not even work if they have daylight sensors. 

• Like 1

Look closer.  The new LEDs just have a flat disc with little yellow squares up in them.  No light socket like you and I are used to seeing.

Took me a while the first time I saw them. I was bamboozled for several minutes when I didn't see the typical socket.

And of course they had a daylight sensor.  I had to flip the switch and cover the sensor to get them to come on.

LED Lights.JPG

Edited by Erby