Jump to content

Good website for tools

Recommended Posts

Try eBay or a box store for the guage and many other tools like you want. I also find what I want in the catalogs then go shopping on eBay or other places for deals.

I must say though, I've had InspectorTools match or beat deals on new equipment that I've found.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Wayne Wildermuth

Anyone know of a good website for inspection tools. I know of professionaalequipment.com and inspectortool.com. I am mainly looking for a Toro style water pressure/flow gauge and case. Anyone know where I can get them.

You can get one at Johnstone Suppy or Graingers.

There's one on the shelf at Home Depot near me.

- Jim Katen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jim or Mike,

Can you tell me if what you are talking about is the same as the one located here -

http://www.professionalequipment.com/xq ... efault.htm

I checked the "orange box" and Graingers and could not find anything but a garden style water flow regulator/meter. Johnstone Supply's website is so slow, I do not have time to navigate through it so I sent them an email to see if they carry it. No response yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yep, that's it and I found it in the irrigation plumbing section at the big orange box. The reason it was there is that is exactly what it was designed for. I don't think Toro, which is famous for irrigation equipment, ever intended it to be used by home inspectors, some fellow at P.E. probably just stumbled on one at the big orange box and figured it would be a good product to seel to inspectors. I doubt that Toro objected. As I said, at the big orange box it was less than half the price of the one sold by the home inspection equipment companies and it was exactly the same product.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw the TORO gauge set in PE catalogue and like the idea of the dual gauges. In the picture, the gauges don't appear to be too durable. To tell you the truth, I think I could make up something a little better and if you look at the price of the individual gauges, you'll see your paying alot for a gate valve and a hose adapter (I would prefer a ball valve anyway).

I am having a hard time finding a flow valve. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Any hints?

Does anybody have one of the TORO combo sets that can comment on the quality/durability?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...