I did not inspect the service equipment

Scottpat

Good Choice!

I am deathly allergic to Poison Ivy.

Last time I got it I looked like a burn victim from the elbows down (blisters on blisters... no smooth skin whatsoever!) and it took two full series of Prednisone (a steroid) to beat it. As soon as I came off the first series it just started coming right out again. And, the steroid after about three days made sleeping practically impossible.

I did learn a lot about the stuff though. It's actually systemic meaning it does not have to show up where you came in contact with it. It simply gets in your blood stream and when you reach your tolerance it just starts coming out wherever it pleases. It does tend to show up where you've scratched (traumatized yourself)

In my case, I had been trimming hedges loaded with it so I was literally scratching and injecting it into myself for probably 45 minutes.

As careful as I am now, my Springer Spaniel still gives it to me now and then and it doesn't take very much to get me in bad shape.

You're chust a leetle girly man, ya. [-crzwom]

I would've pulled it down with gloves on, but I'm not allergic to it anyway. As kids my brother and I used to be in contact with the stuff almost daily (poison oak too), but never had a problem with it. They say that can change on you later in life, but so far so good for me.

Brian G.

Ivy League Inspector [^]

Gotta share this lesson learned. Fort Worth,Texas was hit by a tornado a few years ago and I am on the Fire department Swift Water/Dive/Rescue Team, We had some people swept away in the heavy rains that came with the Tornado. That night and the next day we wore our wet suits as we searched all today in the bottom lands looking for a body. At several points I had to peel the suit down to pee. within a few days I was swollen up like you cannot believe. I had to do the steroids and anti-histamines, also. it took awhile for everything to return to normal. It had to be one of the most miserable times of my life.

I was glad to get rid of the sores and itching but it was too bad the swelling went away. If you know what I mean!

Buster

I would not have done it either, I believe some code (sic) states that clearances must be maintained in front of these areas, and that is good enough for me, like when the workbench is built in front, or the fence, or whatever, I have no problem with other people moving things, me... I'm paid to inspect.

Originally posted by Jim Baird

You might not be allergic to it today, but that's no guarantee.

So I've heard. As far as I know mine is holding up, and I still weed-eat and push-mow a lot of the same ground that helped immunize me as a kid. I hope it lasts a lifetime, 'cause I'll be in for a mess if it doesn't.

Scottpat's denial was just using "due diligence".

Oh yeah. If you're not gonna look at something, you gotta say so.

Brian G.

Itching to Stay Immune [;)]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...