Radon testing equipment (Sun Nuclear 1028)

Scottpat

Has anyone used the 1028 yet? How is it?

Also what do y'all use for a case to carry the machine in? I know that SN sells one, but I'm curious as to what most are using.

I thought about getting a Pelican case to hold the machines.

Just trying to find out what most are doing as I need to purchase a couple soon.

Scott,

We have been using a hard side alum case with foam insert fromn Harbor Freight for abt 5yrs now and really like them. They are abt $14 each and we have yet to wear one out. We leave the case right under the step ladder on-site.

In the tradition of the "same hamburger" we have a routine that includes a 2' step ladder and blue tape the device on the top of it.

Have not used the 1028 yet, but have to upgrade 5-6 devices this fall and thought I would try to squeeze a better price at ITA.

Paul,

I might be able to send you some percentages from our testing by email that our company has compiled for metro Atlanta. Typically, in your neck of the woods, the readings are higher than we get on the south side.

I'll dig around and see what I can find. By the way you can go to epa.gov and follow the radon link and pull up a map of the U.S. and see where it is high.

Originally posted by wingfoot

Paul,

I might be able to send you some percentages from our testing by email that our company has compiled for metro Atlanta. Typically, in your neck of the woods, the readings are higher than we get on the south side.

I'll dig around and see what I can find. By the way you can go to epa.gov and follow the radon link and pull up a map of the U.S. and see where it is high.

Thanks. That would be nice.

Stone Mountain supposedly the largest exposed chunk of granite in the world covers a large area in my neck of the woods. It is also underground with out croppings for literally miles and miles. That may have something to do with radon, don't know. I do know some areas have a heck of a time digging a foundation.

Paul B.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an topic was addressed a year or so ago, but I am looking at getting a couple of the Sun Nuclear 1028's. I believe they are readily available now, so, how have these units worked compared to the 1027's that have been around for several years? Have they now been certified by the NEHA/NRPP? I have been testing with E-Perm units that I buy from a local lab and beginning to get tired to running to and from the lab with every radon test. Thanks in advance for the info.

Robert E Lee

Rochester, MN