Da Bears

kurt

Gotta love that Iggles-Cowboys game, eh Chris? T.O. showed his inner colors yet again, yelling at everyone but Parcels on the sidelines, whining about not getting the ball, and later throwing his QB under the bus ("Who's pulling the trigger?"). Seems like I've seen all of this somewhere before....oh yeah, at the 49er's and the Iggles, when he was there. He may not say it, but I bet Parcels would love to throw T.O.'s butt out on the sidewalk himself. He hates whiners. [:-gnasher

I don't think my Saints can beat your Iggles, but the Steelers and the Ravens....just maybe. [:-clover]

The Colts have to be the ugliest 5-0 team I've ever seen. [:-blindfo

The Cardinals finally wised up and started a QB with a useable thumb on his throwing hand. [:-dunce]

And in a non-football note, I'm so delighted that the Bankees got bounced in the first round that I'm adopting the Tigers for the rest of the MLB playoffs. That may be a small problem if my wife's Cardinals face them in the World Series, but I'm used to the abuse. [:-crazy] [-crzwom]

Brian G.

Love the Fall [:-basebal[:-footbal[:-basketb[:-golf][:-hockey]

Well I guess I won't get to touch Chris up for the T-bone, but I'm tickled to death anyway. Another big win for the Saints, pulled out and salted away by a 8 1/2 minute drive in the bottom of the fourth quarter. It sure is nice to have a reliable, accurate QB.

Brian G.

Who Dat!? Who Dat!? Who Dat Say Dey Can Beat Dem Saints? [:-footbal

That was one wild, wild game. I can't help feeling bad for Leinart and the Cards. It was a pretty great effort on their part, undone by a few big plays and a lousy kick. Two weeks in a row now Leinart has taken his team down for a last-second field goal (last week to tie, this week to win), only to have it missed and lose by a hair. Long-time Saints fans can relate.

The Bears air of invenerability is gone in spite of the win, which may be good for them in the long run. They're gonna make the playoffs anyway unless they totally implode, so it's all going to be on what they do when they get there.

The Saints are being praised and touted all over the place now. That worries me. Gotta stay humble, hungry, and focused.

Brian G.

Eyes on the Prize [:-bigeyes

"Air of invenerability".......

hmmmmm, I kind of like the sound of that. Sounds like a word Walter would make up.

Yeah, I had to feel bad for Leinart; the guy's got the goods, & he's surrounded by seeming incompetence. When the big boy let 'em come unchecked from the right corner to hammer Leinart & cause the fumble, I had to wonder.

Anyway, it's probably good for da Bears to have a stinker; humbling effect & all that is good this time of year.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here we go again the Miami Dolphins have to once again defend their undefeated record against a Super Bowl Bound Chicago team. At least it's not on Monday night. (Like it matters anymore, I think the Bears broke the Monday Night Curse.)

The Colts(7-0) are playing The Pats(6-1). I think after tonight there will only be one team which will reach 8-0.

• 3 weeks later...

Originally posted by kurt

Bears ain't going anywhere special this year. Patriots proved that last night.

Probably not, as long as the QB runs hot & cold like a faucet. I can't tell if Grossman is just green or occasionally suffers from game-long attacks of stubborn stupidity. You never know though, so much depends on being hot when the playoffs come around, and lots of things can still happen with injuries in 5 weeks. I wonder if the weak schedule isn't hurting the Bears already, and may not have them in playoff-sharp condition when the time comes.

My boys don't have enough D, but they're hell with the O. Drew Brees has 5 consecutive 300 yard+ passing games and counting (including one over 500). He may well break the NFL record for consecutive 300 yarders and the single season passing total (currently held by Marino). Miami passed on him to go after Culpepper (pun intended)...I wonder if Saban would like a "do-over" on that one. [:D]

We're 7 - 4 and winning the division, with only 5 left. Things will really start to narrow down fast in the next few weeks. Every game is critical unless you're the Bears or Colts. The wild card races are gonna be a frickin' log jam.

Brian G.

I Love It [:-footbal

• 1 month later...

Note to anybody not a Bear fan: Don't worry folks it's almost over.

In less than a week Super Bowl XLI. The past week of media coverage has turned this into a Tony Dungy/Lovie Smith lovefest. So they use to coach together; who cares. Lets just play some football!!!

I guess theres no Colts Fans here.

Oh, I'm sure there are some Colts fans. Everybody pretty much roots for their home team. I live in Buffalo, so there's always next year.

I'll be happy either way. I have a slight preference for Manning (Colts) because I grew up in New Orleans when his dad was a Saint. Good people.

Originally posted by fqp25

Note to anybody not a Bear fan: Don't worry folks it's almost over.

In less than a week Super Bowl XLI. The past week of media coverage has turned this into a Tony Dungy/Lovie Smith lovefest. So they use to coach together; who cares. Lets just play some football!!!

I guess theres no Colts Fans here.

You couldn't have convinced me 2 months ago that da Bears were gonna be in the Superbowl.

We know who I want to win it. My "predictions"....

Manning will have a stellar game, regardless; he knows this is his shot, and he's not someone to let it go.

Grossman will not be that large a factor; all he has to do is make a few plays if they're presented, and not make stupid mistakes. He's done that, he can do it again.

After that, it's even up money; I don't think the bookies have a clue giving it to Indy as large as they are.

I'm really looking forward to this; my main hope is it's good game; there's nothing worse or more boring than lopsided football scores.

For what it's worth, I think things are shaping up almost exactly the way the Bears would like, to have the best possible shot at winning this game (short of Manning being out with injury suffered in the off weeks). Nobody is picking them outside of Bears loyalists, the Colts and Manning are getting most of the attention, Grossman is still being discounted, and the defense is getting "yeah, but" lip service in the media. Now if one of the Colts would just shoot his mouth off about how the Bears have no shot.... Nah, it ain't gonna happen, but the Saints didn't do that either; the press did. I don't know if the Bears can pull this one off too, but the pre-game enviroment is ripe for an upset.

Amen on the hope for a good game. Hell, make it a knock-down, drag-out, back-and-forth, holy-cow-did-you-see-that classic while you're at it. [:-party]

Brian G.

Kurt's Dream... Bears D [:-gnasher[:-gnasher[:-gnasher Colts O [:-splat][:-splat][:-splat]

Originally posted by Jerry Simon

Hey, did someone lose my address (Brian)?

My apologies, but no, I still have it. I had an inexplicably busy January that's carring right into Feburary (so far). Do you take Pay Pal? [;)]

Actual kickoff is set for about 5:25 CST, if anyone didn't know.

Brian G.

It's a Long Way To Back Pre-Season Again [:-footbal

You could see it when he set up for his first pass; he has a look to his stance that yells tentative, and he had the look last night. Poor guy just can't read the field like his opponent; I'm not sure there's ever been a more stark comparison between quarterbacks than that the matchup last night.

And that's the end of the story.

Although, I'm still looking forward to the shrimp po'boy @ New Orleans.....