Rat Infestation

Originally posted by Brian G.

This isn't the easiest place to post, but by posting a lot and exposing myself to criticism by the more experienced members I've become a much better inspector than I would have been if I had kept my head down. I've also developed a thicker skin and better mental judo techniques, which are useful in more ways than one.

Brian G.

Hiii-Yaaaaa!!! [:-batman]

That's my story too, and I'm stickin' to it. By sticking my neck out, I hope that if I have something wrong or if there is a better way to do it, one of these guys will tell me about it. It's how I learn. I'd much rather learn here than by being strong-armed for my wallet.

Originally posted by Kurt

It's why I post here. Tuff crowds put me on my toes. I'm writing a book called "It Takes a Cage Match"; it's about surviving the home inspection business.

Is this book for real? It sounds interesting. BTW, based on your recommendation I picked up that book "The Curious Case of the Mixed Up Modifier". It is an easy read and by just focusing on those seven common mistakes, anyone can vastly improve their writing. Old habits are hard to break and I still make mistakes but given some time they should become less frequent.

Originally posted by hausdok

Just know that when folks dissect one of your posts here they're only trying to help you, because they see something that could possibly harm you one day or harm another inspector who unwittingly uses it for their own report.

I'm certainly not immune to criticism of my writings here. Why do you suppose I practically never post any of my own boilerplate here?

Aha! Now I know the reason I have been investing hours re-writing the boilerplate in a certain inspection software program since I purchased it! [;)] (j/k on the reason)

Hausdok, I assume that's the picture you found next to the definition?

Brandon, I follow your logic. I too feel that sites like this offer a learning experience and self-evaluation not available outside a cage (and I wonder if the book is for real too.) I almost quit these forum things because of the rude crapola, until I realized the crapola just leads to (eventually) a stronger backbone for my professional acumen (like that?) in the field.

Once you get to know 'the guys', they are (99% of the time) pretty cool. One thing I have really had to get used to is thread drift. I haven't even mentioned rat poo.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you! It's what you know, that ain't so."

P.S. This is a very polite forum as forums go!

[:-yuck]

Nah,

My sticking the tongue out icon was in response to Brandon over his trying to twist my knickers over that boilerplate - which, by the way, big chunks of have nothing to do with me. I was trying not to contribute to thread drift.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

My comment was a lame attempt to make a joke at Mike's expense. The reason I'm re-writing the boilerplate is so that it sounds like me and not someone else. Mike, when our paths cross, and I think they may, I owe you a pint.

And now we return back to our regularly scheduled program ....

Originally posted by ozofprev

"It's not what you don't know that gets you! It's what you know, that ain't so."

I've only recently "met" Gary (Ounce of Prevention) on the 'net.

Folks, we got us a real live gentleman w/the admirable educational experience of having his Bachelor's of Science Degree in Building Science from Auburn's School of Architecture. (Gary, if I'm wrong w/the correct terminology, correct me.)

I, for one, am mightily respectful (and envious) of his accomplishments. I look forward to his input into this resource.

Wow! That was certainly kind. Your terms are correct, sir, and I also got my BS in Comp. Sci., but I'm the student in this forum. I hope to have your success, Kurt.

Originally posted by kurt

Originally posted by ozofprev

I've only recently "met" Gary (Ounce of Prevention) on the 'net.

Folks, we got us a real live gentleman w/the admirable educational experience of having his Bachelor's of Science Degree in Building Science from Auburn's School of Architecture. (Gary, if I'm wrong w/the correct terminology, correct me.)

I, for one, am mightily respectful (and envious) of his accomplishments. I look forward to his input into this resource.

Welcome Gary!

It's about time a building scientest chimed in here. I've been saying since the second minute I got into this business that most of what we do is interpret building science. That's seems to be one difficult subject to find in colleges in this country. Not so much overseas though.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike