Outlet close to gas line

JesseWBryant

Hello all.

I can't recall , if any, the distance required between a gas line and an outlet. The line in the picture is for a future outdoor grill. The outlet is positioned about 4"-5" away from the drip leg of the gas line.

I tried looking through the forums briefly (working on the report now) but have not found anything specific. I will continue to leaf through the IRC but if anyone has an idea, that would be great. Thanks.

2006127122319_100_4844.gif%20

Download Attachment: icon_gif.gif 100_4844.gif

195.8 KB

Originally posted by JesseWBryant

Hello all.

I can't recall , if any, the distance required between a gas line and an outlet. The line in the picture is for a future outdoor grill. The outlet is positioned about 4"-5" away from the drip leg of the gas line.

I tried looking through the forums briefly (working on the report now) but have not found anything specific. I will continue to leaf through the IRC but if anyone has an idea, that would be great. Thanks.

It's not a problem.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Thanks for the replies. I have to admit, I don't often post a lot of my questions. I usually read and read and read......until I find what I'm looking for. I have to say, it has been a pleasure to be a member of this journal and I can not begin to describe the amount of knowledge I have pulled from here. I am about two months into my second year (still a newbie) and things are going pretty well. I attribute some of that to you guys so thanks again. OK, I'm done.

Jesse, I've been doing this full time for 5 years, part time for 2 before that, and have been in housing related businesses for 20+ yrs, and still learn something new every day. Kind of goes with the territory. If you ever get to the point where you think you know it all and never have to look stuff up or ask questions, you are in trouble. Learning is a life-long process, especially in a business like this where the technology keeps changing.