Any Ideas How to SAVE Money

Originally posted by randynavarro

Always seems like a good time of year to re-tool, re-think, tweak or generally re-vamp my inspection process, all with the intent of "working smarter, not harder".

Business cards being a 'major' marketing tool I've run across this site that has helped cut down my business card costs substantially.

http://www.printsmadeeasy.com/

Sorry,

I was a little tired for the last post (phoen...). I read on a earlier post that a cost saving measure is not rid yourself of the land line. I currently have a land line that is transfered to my cell phone. If I can rid of the land line and port the number to my cell, I can save another $65 a month. BUT.. How do you get your phone number published in the phone book and in information if you have a cell number. I know others do it.. ie. contractors, competitors, etc.

Stumped..

BUT.. How do you get your phone number published in the phone book and in information if you have a cell number. I know others do it.. ie. contractors, competitors, etc. Stumped..

Have not gone that route. Maybe just call one of the yellow page companies and ask. May just be same as buying a yellow pages ad and telling them which number you want to appear in the ad.

Been tying my 28 foot ladders to my mini van ladder racks for over 15years.Never have any problems.The trick is to use two 3 foot bungee cords.One for front and one for back,then a couple pieces of say 8 gauge wire to stop bounce tied directly to the roof rack.Just look at any cable contractor van.Could be me.

Reguarding dragon naturally speaking.New 9.0 is not bad but occasionaly comes up with problems requiring a reinstall, so you really need to save user files or pay 25 dollars a call for their help.

A little warning to those out there who use bungee cords(the tie-down kind, not the jump-off-a-bridge kind):

The most common mechanism of traumatic loss of an eye is getting popped by a bungee cord. Not the hook, but the knot-coil attachment point. Nasty.

Might want to try some lightweight ratchet straps instead.