NFL Playoffs 2006

Brian G

Brian G. Would have been nice to see that in person. Could not get tickets!-show was for the loyal supporters who were sick of the SD Noise. We heard that noise from SD and most of the football experts. Our team players were letting off a little steam. I'm sure the coach spoke to them after the incident. There was no shooting or damaging activity. Poking a little fun in their "center circle" in their house may be embarrassing but not terminal. Get over it. They have plenty of time to rest up (9 pro bowlers)for the Hawaii Bowl.

We can't get tickets for Indy. Let the Indy noise begin. [:-party]Go Pats

Originally posted by Jack Ahern

We can't get tickets for Indy. Let the Indy noise begin.

Done with the Bolts, on to the Colts, eh Jack?

I'm sure the media will harp on that game all week, but you're not likely to hear any yap from the Colts themselves. They're smarter than that. The only two teams whose players shot thier mouths off are both out after one game.

It's early, but I hear picks going both ways so far. I expect both teams will step it up from last week; should be another good one. Got your Guinness stocked up Jack? [:-party]

Brian G.

Is It Kickoff Time Yet? [:-footbal[:-footbal[:-footbal

Could be Frank, you never know. All of the TV sportscaster/geniuses were picking the games today. Most were taking the Saints, which worries me. We usually do better when they're all picking against us. These are also the same geniuses who mostly picked the Eagles last week, which begs the question: Do they think the Eagles were a better team than the Bears?

Unless one or the other comes out and lays an egg, I expect a tough, close game. I'm a little bewildered by the anti-Grossman critics this week; I thought he played fairly well against Seattle. That 30 yard throw in OT to get them into range for the winning field goal was timely and decisive...what do they want?

About that other pick...

Colts over Patriots

With apologies to all of my New England friends, I'm rooting for the Colts. I don't know if they'll win, but there isn't much point in picking one and rooting for the other. Nothing personal, I just don't like dynasties; never have, never will. I'm ready for the Pats to fall back into the pack and let someone else shine for a few years.

Brian G.

Counting the Hours [:-clock]

About Grossman; a lot of people (unfortunately myself included) think you can tell what kind of game Grossman is going to have by the first drive. He's either on or way off.

His game last week was overshadowed by the lack of run defense. They could not stop Alexander. Some say because they were too pre-occupied trying to cause a fumble, instead of straight tackling. Now they have 2 backs to contend with. I hope they focus on fundamentals instead of heroics in practice this week.

As for Colts or Pats????

It would be nice to have another chance at NE, after Da Bears take care of the Saints (hee hee hee)!!! But I agree with your dislike of dynasties.

Starting to warm up the grill for some homemade sausages; a little pre-game feast.

Frank

Originally posted by Jerry Simon

Ya on for that ten-spot?

Has a cat got a climbing gear? If my boys lose a ten-spot won't make me feel any worse. If they win I'll put ten more with it and get a NFC Champs/Saints hat to wear during the Super Bowl. [:D]

If we win the Super Bowl I'm gonna have another son and name him Drew! [^]

Brian G.

Not That It Matters To Me Or Anything [;)]

Originally posted by chicago

It is always about defense.

Well, not exactly. Out of the last 10 times the #1 offense played the #1 defense in this game, the offense won 7 of them.

Dome team playing in chicago winter.

True to this point. No dome team has ever won a conference championship outdoors, NFC or AFC.

Don't you love the way stats contradict themselves? [:-boggled

Brian G.

There's No Place Like Dome,

There's No Place Like Dome,

There's No.....

Needless to say, that didn't go well. All of our losses but one looked exactly the same this year: turnovers, penalties, and Fred Thomas. Still, it was great year for the Saints, the best season in team history, and I'm not going to waste any time moping about the loss. A second draft/camp/preseason for this coaching staff to address the team's weaknesses, and we'll be back. The future is very bright.

Congradulations to the Bears and their fans. Jerry gets a ten'er and Kurt gets a shrimp Po Boy. [:P]

On to game 2. Go Colts.

Brian G.

Call Us Boomerang, We'll Be Back [:-thumbu]

Originally posted by Brian G.

Congradulations to the Bears and their fans....................................................... and Kurt gets a shrimp Po Boy. [:P]

Brian G.

Call Us Boomerang, We'll Be Back [:-thumbu]

Well, I'd take a dinner w/Mr. Goodman as a good win, regardless of who's paying.

Buh..buh..buh...but a Po Boy? Brian, can't we elevate our palates? Maybe a little Rabbit Moutarde? Some Jambalaya? Can I get a little fried Okra w/the Po Boy?

Sorry all Saints fans. Still was a good game. I was sweating a little bit in the 3rd Quarter.

Drew Brees is the real deal, and I would hate to contend with him and this Saints team next year.

Congrats to the Colts also. This looks like it's going to be an exciting Super Bowl.

GO BEARS!!!

Okie-dokie, a split weekend and now I'm at a wimpy 5 - 5 with only 1 game left. I'll take the Colts, based mostly on experience. The Bears are pretty young for the most part, with limited playoff experience. That goes double for Grossman. Though he's managed better than I would have thought to this point, Manning he ain't. All of the talking heads will be taking the Colts too, which can only help the Bears (same as last week).

I'll also admit to the Archie factor. Peyton is Archie's son and Archie has a permanent place deep in the hearts of Saints fans. [:-angel]

Loyalties aside, the GP sees a close, hard fought game either way. I think both teams have improved every week, after a shaky start to the playoffs. Pass the nachos and cheese dip! [:P]

Brian G.

SuperBowl...I Hope So [:-jump2][:-jump][:-jump2]

• 3 weeks later...

AAAARRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Today while I worked Drew Brees, the Saints quarterback who had a great season and helped get the team deep into the playoffs, played in the dumb, stupid, pointless Pro Bowl and suffered a separated elbow on his non-throwing arm. AAAARRRGGGGG!!!!!!!! I know it's not his good arm, but DAMMIT! Maybe next time he'll be smart and beg off like so many others do every year. When will the NFL get smart and make the Pro Bowl honorary and leave it at that?

AAARRRGGGGG!!!!

Brian G.

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! [:-banghea

AAAARRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Today while I worked Drew Brees, the Saints quarterback who had a great season and helped get the team deep into the playoffs, played in the dumb, stupid, pointless Pro Bowl and suffered a separated elbow on his non-throwing arm. AAAARRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Serves him right...he probably owes somebody some money and is late paying.

It's on its way.

Say Jerry, what do you think about Jeff Garcia for the Bears OB next year? Lots of experience, but if they do it they might screw Grossman up for the future. Not an easy call considering all of the time and money they have in ole' Rexy.

Brian G.

To Rex, Or Not To Rex...That Is The Question [?]

It's on its way.

Say Jerry, what do you think about Jeff Garcia for the Bears OB next year? Lots of experience, but if they do it they might screw Grossman up for the future. Not an easy call considering all of the time and money they have in ole' Rexy.

Brian G.

The Bears need help on the offensive line. I don't care who the QB is if there ain't a pocket to work from. (If you were from Chicago, you'd remember the old Black & Blue line from the mid 80's....THAT was a line.)

Also sorry Rivera might be staying as defensive coordinator. Rushing four guys t'isnt the way to get to a QB. 'Course, that philosophy may change naturally since we saw a rookie tight-end with speed and instinct blossom the last few games.

Truly sorry to hear about Drew...hope it won't affect a class act next year.

Originally posted by Jerry Simon

It's on its way.

Brian G.

The Bears need help on the offensive line. I don't care who the QB is if there ain't a pocket to work from. (If you were from Chicago, you'd remember the old Black & Blue line from the mid 80's....THAT was a line.)

Also sorry Rivera might be staying as defensive coordinator. Rushing four guys t'isnt the way to get to a QB. 'Course, that philosophy may change naturally since we saw a rookie tight-end with speed and instinct blossom the last few games.

Truly sorry to hear about Drew...hope it won't affect a class act next year.

Well, as of today, Rivera is no longer our defensive coordinator...the Bears let him go. That's a great start to next year; glad they took my advice. Off to baseball!

Hey Brian...thanks. Looks good up on the wall.