Bonding 101- Gas Piping Systems & Other Piping

PAbernathy

1113836787_2.jpg

(4) Bonding Conductive Materials to an Effective Ground-Fault Current Path. To remove dangerous voltage from ground faults, electrically conductive metal water piping systems, metal sprinkler piping, metal gas piping, and other metal-piping systems, as well as exposed structural steel members that are likely to become energized, must be bonded to an effective ground-fault current path. Figure Above

Author’s Comment: The phrase “likely to become energizedâ€

Hi Paul,

Not that I'm ungrateful for the detailed electrical information you're providing to TIJ's members, but do you have Mike Holt's permission to copy and display content from his site on TIJ? That illustration was used on his Grounding vs. Bonding series #5 from July 2005.

Anytime that skilled technical folks want to contribute to TIJ, I'm very grateful - I just can't afford to deal with any of the potential legal ramifications of getting embroiled in any kind of copyright infringement suit, so let's make sure we've got permission before we cut and copy from someone else's site. OK?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yep, Please visit Mikes site and look at the EXPERT listed for VA and feel free to contact Sarina or Mike about my use of his images.......I am a listed educator with them.

These images are being used with educational purposes and to help educate others. I chat with Mr. Holt via e-mail quite a bit and he would agree that education is the most important factor and why he has people like myself using his material simply because it is the best.

http://www.mikeholt.com/e-rolodex_searc ... p?STATE=VA

Not a problem brother....LORD knows If I knew how to do such GREAT graphics as his TEAM of artists could I would have published my own book LONG ago.....I am working on a Interactive CD program for electrical training and to be honest with you the IMAGES are what is slowing my progress up......finding a GOOD graphic artist is a pain in the NECK

Try community college basic computer graphics students. This stuff is mostly cut & paste out of graphic content programs & model warehouses ala Google SketchUp Pro. Most first year students could probably put the sort of thing you'd need together in relatively short order. At least as good as the graphic pictured here.

I've had good luck w/community college students; cheap, plentiful, & many looking for a part time gig.