Yankee or Dixie ?

Not HI related but I thought this was kind of fun. I'm easily amused.

Check on your dialect and see if you might have crossed over to the "other side"!

Simply click on the correct answer. As you go, the quiz will automatically interpret each answer to show you what your answer implies about you. When you are done, press Compute My Score. Your score will be calculated as a percentage: 0% is pure Yankee and 100% is pure Dixie.

http://www.chuckchamblee.com/dom/fun/ya ... e_quiz.htm

This thing is dangerous. I took the test and it said that I " was 100% pure Dixie". It also said that my "great grandfather must have been General Lee." HONEST!

After picking myself up off of the floor, I figured that the only honorable thing left for me to do was to kill myself. After all, how could I ever explain this to my family? How could I ever face my friends again? [:-paperbag]

I don't know why, but I decided to take the test again. I answered every question exactly the same, except the last one. I had no idea what bug this was the first time so I left it blank. The second time, I took a stab at it.

My second score was 49% and I now have a new lease on life. [:D]

My concern now is just how many dead yankees are we going to have to bury because they did not take this test a second time? Is this how the south is rising again?

I'm bummed,

I thought that spending nearly 21 years hanging out with 'grits' would have rubbed off more. I got a darned 25%! I'm going to go tape my voice to see if my pronunciation of barn sounds like bahn. If it does, I'm going to have to hire a voice coach.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Ellen Burns

I found out I was 48% almost Yankee.

Sorry, Brian I know you will be disappointed.

Not to worry my dear, my wife is 100% Yankee (although she is from "Southern" Illinois). I tell people "I disappointed my whole family by marrying a Yankee, but Momma started talkin' to me again after the baby came." Besides, I consider "woman" to be special nationality all its own. [-crzwom]

That damn test is defective. It had me at only 89%....Bull!

Brian G.

100% Pure, Suh