Home Maintenance Inspection Marketing

Just wanted to let everyone know that after three short weeks participating in the Home Maintenance Inspection Marketing Program, I have booked 3 HMI's.

SEE: http://www.richnspect.com (HMI button on home page.)

SEE: http://richardsonmd.homemaintenanceinspections.com (direct to HMI product site)

I have distributed about 300 hangers in the past three weeks, and have booked three Maintenance Inspections as a direct result. I have not had time to do a large or mass distribution of the hangers. However, every home inspection that I conduct, I take about 10 to 15 minutes afterwards and distribute about 20 to 30 hangers in the neighborhood where the house is located.

I paid 350.00 dollars to get 4000 hangers printed, and I have booked three inspections at 299.00 each, which is a total of 897.00. In three short weeks I have already made a net profit of 547.00. This may not seem like much, but I still have 3700 more door hangers to distribute.

Furthermore, I have an appointment next week with a representative of a local ?Merchandiser? publication about a HMI ad that will reach over 21,000 homes in my territory. The half page add is only going to cost me 495.00.

If you want more information about HMI's then go here: http://www.inspectorpresentations.com/

Also, if you have any questions please post them here. This WORKS!! You just have to do a little foot work

-Kevin

Great job!

This stuff works when applied, problem is that most people just won't do it. I would gladly payout $350 and make a $547 profit...that's better than the stock market --- and as you mentioned, you still have 3,700 more hangers to distribute.

Congratulations...

Carl

I consider an HMI to be the same as a general home inspection. I require all HMI clients to sign a Pre-Inspection Agreement.

No additional insurance required. It's just a normal home inspection, just marketing to "home owners" instead of the normal "home buyers" or "home sellers"

I have had additional success in "upselling" this service to my clients as well. I do a a lot of Home Energy Tune-uP's, and when I arrive on-site to conduct the Tune-uP survey, I spend a few minutes listening to the homeowners concerns. Then, I take about five minutes on explaining the benefits of conducting a full home inspection.

Out of the last three Tune-uP's I have completed, I have sold the client of the benefits of doing an HMI and increased my revenue. I am already there to do an Energy Inspection and it does not take much to go ahead and do the full home inspection with the energy inspection.

This is working very well for me!! The bottom line is educating the homeowners on the benefits of being proactive instead of reactive in the overall preservation of their homes.

At the end of these inspections, the clients are very surprised to find out the issues that I discovered. Most of which are small maintenance issues, but left unattented can cost a significant amount of money to correct in the furture.

-Kevin

• 2 months later...

"I paid 350.00 dollars to get 4000 hangers printed, and I have booked three inspections at 299.00 each, which is a total of 897.00. In three short weeks I have already made a net profit of 547.00. This may not seem like much, but I still have 3700 more door hangers to distribute."

Now, when you say "net" profit, and I use the numbers you posted, I get confused. Net means after gas, report, labor, insurance, time on site, and a certain percentage for profit. Your $547 is "gross" profit before costs. When you can sort out the differences and see what you actually made it will be less, but it is still a good idea.

• 1 month later...