New to the business

Hi,

Check out our sponsor's software. Just click on the banner above.

You say that you're looking for software that won't break the bank. Think about that. As you become more experienced at this business, you'll better realize what you do and don't like about your software. If you scrimp on the software now, you might find out later on that it's not meeting your needs and then you'll spend more later on to buy another program, and then another, and then another - making extra work for yourself and literally throwing money away.

There's no cheap way to get into this business. It's not a discount store. You are investing in your business. If you just want to get into this trade, go to work for one of the large multi-inspector firms, where they will spend the money on you and you won't need to make any investment or decision on what equipment to buy or what SOP or "system" to follow. You'll find that at the end of the year your bank account will be healthier and you won't find yourself constantly worrying about bills for overhead, taxes, insurance and whether you're going to lose your house to some a**hole due to a frivolous lawsuit next week.

If you want to be in business for yourself, expect to have to pay for it. Don't buy junk or you'll be throwing your money away. If you're not willing to invest in your own future now to do the job right, don't expect to still be in this business 5 years from now.

Yesterday was my 11th anniversary in this whacko business. I think after I send Uncle Sam his due today I'll have a 3 figure bank balance. Thank the stars I have my military retirement, or, when I finally pulled the plug on this gig I'd have found myself camped out under an overpass someplace.

Full time money for part-time work, my ass! Hmmm, I wonder if any of those big firms are recruiting. On second thought, give me a week before you check any of them out.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike