ASHI Executive Director Resigns

hausdok

Kenmore, WA - Today

On June 17th, Frank Lesh, ASHI President, informed ASHI membership that Rob Paterkiewicz, ASHI's Executive Director, has tendered his resignation and that Paterkiewicz's official date of departure from the organization will be August 10th.

In Lesh's informal announcement to membership he wrote, "I received Rob's notice of resignation 13 Jun 07. As you all know, Rob has had a profound effect within ASHI during his tenure as Executive Director. While it's never convenient to see someone so valuable leave, the opportunity for him makes for a bittersweet departure. Join me in wishing him the best of luck in his new career."

In his own announcement to membership, posted today to the ASHI message board, Paterkiewicz writes, "Much has changed in the twelve years that I have worked here. Our membership has grown from under 4,000 to a high of over 6,800 at the end of last year. Our operating budget increased from $1.5 million to $3.5 million. Inspector regulation expanded from one or two states to over 30 today. Heck, a gallon of gas was only $1.25! The profession of home inspection has continued its expansion and has gained tremendous positive notice by the media, government agencies, home buyers and sellers and many other companies and populations that wouldn’t have thought twice about it previously. There is much for all of us to be proud of.

"The time has come, however, for me to move on. I leave with the hope that you will enjoy many years of prosperous success. I’m proud of my work here and especially proud to have labored shoulder to shoulder with some of the most dedicated staff and volunteers that I have ever worked with."

According to Lesh's announcement, he'll begin assembling a search team this week to begin interviewing for Paterkiewicz's replacement.