Seats Still Available For the Watts Radiant Course

hausdok

It's just over five more weeks to Watts Radiant's first ever radiant heating systems seminar tailored specifically to the needs of home inspectors. The seminar is going to be held at Watts' training facility in Springfield, Missouri on September 12th and 13th, and Watts' Radiant wants to know from inspectors about any specific aspects of radiant heating systems that inspectors find particularly difficult to understand.

According to Ron Miller at Warm U., Watts' radiant heating training facility, "We at Watts Radiant are confident that the inspectors who attend this course will learn a lot. However, this being the first course of it's kind tailored to the home inspection profession, it's especially important to Watts Radiant that we get it right, and that our course focuses on what inspectors need the most. Not being home inspectors ourselves, we need inspectors to tell us where their knowledge of radiant systems is the weakest. We want to know what difficulties with inspecting these systems inspectors have encountered the most, so that we can specifically address those issues in our course. It's important to us that when they leave this course these inspectors have the knowledge and confidence to competently inspect any electric or hydronic radiant heating system, and that they leave as the best trained radiant heating systems inspectors in the home inspection profession."

There are still slots available for this first class. The cost of the seminar is normally $125, but Watt's Radiant is waiving that fee for this first class of 20 inspectors and will pick up the tab for all meals and lodging and will provide inspectors transportation to and from the airport. Inspectors are only responsible for their transportation to and from Springfield.

Miller asks that inspectors email him directly with those topics they'd most like to see included in the seminar and says that inspectors who have specific questions about the seminar or particulars of travel to and from Springfield are welcome to call him at 417-447-8055 or email him directly.

Miller also pointed out that there are some inspectors from the Kansas City and St. Louis vicinities who are planning to drive to Springfield and are willing to share the ride and split travel costs; those interested in this should contact Miller directly.

Inspectors can also register online by clicking here.

I plan to attend this seminar.

I will fly from Seattle to St Louis or Kansas City and rent a car. I hope to share the ride with one or two or three others. If you want to ride with me, let me know and let's choose flights (and destination airport) that allow us to arrive about the same time.

Southwest Air has tickets for about $90 into St Louis or Kansas City, but I must make

reservations by next week to get those rates.

Who wants to share a car? Which city are you flying into? What's your arrival time?

Gary Brown

Ellensburg, WA

• 4 weeks later...

Wow,

I'm really disappointed that more folks didn't take advantage of this course. Ron Miller tells me that Chad pulled his registration the other day and that we're now down to 9 attendees; what a shame. Where else can you go and get 12 hours of factory training on a home system and the folks putting on the training are willing to pay for all meals and your lodging and even pick you up and deliver you to the airport?

There's still time. It's probably too late for anyone to get plane reservations without paying a fortune, but for you folks that are within driving distance of Springfield, MO - even local Springfield inspectors - this is a good deal; take advantage of it.

I'm looking forward to some face time with some of you blokes next week.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Unfortunately I had to withdraw from the course also. I spoke to Ron the other day and expressed my regrets but due to this silly little surgery I just had, I won't be able to travel. As much as I was looking forward to the educational aspect of the seminar, I was also looking forward to meeting some of the faces behind the avatars here on TIJ. Perhaps another time......

-Brad

Been there; it's called something like "The Home of the Throwed Rolls".

My memory is a big room full of outrageously obese people eating overflowing plates of high fat content food. Every once and a while, someone needs a roll, yells out "Roll!", and a waitperson across the room whips them one.

Lousy food, huge portions, typical highway fare.

Hi All,

This message went out from Watts to all attendees today. I'm re-posting it here just in case someone's spam filters lock it out.

The confirmation and course schedule are attached.

OT - OF!!!

M.

--------------------------

Attention Inspectors:

We are only 5 days away from your radiant seminar training experience. We are very excited at Watts Radiant and look forward to meeting each one of you. I have enclosed some important information for you to review prior to your arrival. One very important thing we ask is that you be sure to bring at least one pair of close-toed shoes for our factory tour. No open-toed shoes are allowed for safety reasons.

I have attached an itinerary and hotel information for your convenience. Students flying in will be picked up at your terminal at the airport. Look for the Watts Radiant signs. If you are flying in after 9:00pm, the hotel will already be notified to pick you up via their shuttle service.

After you have arrived and get settled in your hotel room on Tuesday, we will gather everyone and head out for a meet and greet dinner.

Class will begin promptly on Wednesday morning at 8:00am and conclude around 4:30pm. Class will also begin on Thursday morning at 8:00am and will conclude after lunch. Each one of you will be given a certificate of attendance indicating that you are radiant certified.

Please call me if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Ron Miller

Training Coordinator

417-447-8055 (ph)

417-864-8161 (fax)

millerre@watts.com

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif ConfirmationWarmU.pdf

183.7 KB

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Inspector_TrainingWatts.doc

147.43 KB

Hi All,

Well, It's about 12:30 am and I just got back from the Watts Radiant course in Missouri. I'm going to take a shower and hit the sack, but I gotta say that this was hands down, the best training experience that I've had in the last 11 years. Kurt and I are planning to write an article about it, but I expect that you'll all be hearing from the rest of the attendees over the next day or two. Kudo's to the team at Watts, they really stepped up to the plate and delivered a first class training experience.

More later.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Image Insert:

200791404822_WattsInspectionClassPhoto1.jpg

86.59 KB

Mike,

Thank you so much for the kind words. Hopefully all of you that attended our WarmU seminar are better equipped and prepared to handle your future radiant inspections.

Please continue to contact us for answers to your questions regarding radiant heating systems. We are always here for you.

For those of you who were not able to attend our seminar, we will be more than glad to host another session if the demand is there. I will continue to visit this site on occasions to see just how you are all doing. If any of you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm regards,

Ron Miller

Training Coordinator

Watts Radiant