New to inspection industry....few questions

Originally posted by inspecthistoric

Originally posted by safe_home_inspections

1. What type's of insurance besides liability should I look into? How much liability insurance?

Errors & omissions. I don't know if your state requires it, but I wouldn't do a single inspection without it.

2. I am looking at buying an all in one starter tool kit. http://www.professionalequipment.com/ba ... cessories/ what are your opinions on this kit? Any other recomends?
Go to the start page of The Inspectors Journal and click on the yellow square on the right side that says "Stop overpaying for tools". HI Essentials has the absolute best prices.
3. What else not included in this kit should I purchase.

• A real flashlight (if you get a Streamlight Ultra-stinger, you'll need 2 to get through 1 inspection.)
  • An assortment of ladders that can get you into and onto everything.
  • A tool box that's strong enough to stand on.
  • Coveralls, kneepads & a respirator.
  • A cordless screwdriver and a really long screwdriver for probing and prying.

Originally posted by inspecthistoric

Originally posted by hausdok

Bill,

I haven't a clue. Is the thingy that Les mentioned what you're talking about? How do you use it for an inspection. My curmudgeon mind wants to know.

2842_bulb_syringe.jpg

For testing diaphragm switch activated sump pumps.

diaphragm-switch.jpg

Do you guys still use your mouth to suck on the tube in the cord to check them?

Please elaborate on exactly how to use the aspirator to check the diaphragm switches. I need some technical detail to stimulate my brain.

There is a tube inside of the power cord, that sticks out of the plug end. If you suck on the tube it activates the pump.

I don't know who's lips have been there before mine and people would think I'm gnawing on a plug. The baby snot-sucker fits perfectly over the end of the tube and creates just the right vacuum for the diaphragm to activate the switch.