Firewalls, etc.

Brian,

I'll start that I don't know much about this topic, but I use Norton AV and AD-Aware religiously.

Trojans are just like their name implies, sneaky and once inside you never know what they will do. Spyware is a trojan of sorts. It is possible that this is what you have found with Norton AV. Many websites drop them in to snoop on which websites you visit and how long you are online at each site. There is a program that checks for this type of trojan or spyware. it's free for the public. AD-AWARE;

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

I have run this checker and found up to 137 spyware/trojans running in snoop mode. I think I got most of them looking for your "8X10" Glossy.[:o]

AOL just recently got busted for this too!

The privacy policy states that "The Viewpoint Media Player will soon be capable of tracking information about the content it displays and how the user interacts with it. When the Viewpoint Media Player displays Viewpoint content, it tracks the URL it is served from, as well as Viewpoint file data tagged by the author in XML. This data can include, but is not limited to: the names of objects and textures displayed, and the names of animations invoked."

DSL and a router looin' better all the time?

Ron