Da Bears 2007

fqp25

Originally posted by fqp25

Can the defense win another NFC Championship for us?

I'd give that a big, fat "maybe" Frank. Part of it depends on how much a few other teams improve over last year. It's way too early to tell much, but Green Bay and Minnesota won't be as easy this year, and the Eagles, Cowboys, Seahawks, and Saints all have reason to expect more from this season than last.

OK, I know it was hot in San Diego today, and the Chargers went with their visitor white, but Rex didn't disappoint so much; as compared to the offense as a whole.

Yeah, the new running back didn't do much, the line didn't have a particularly good day, and the receivers blew a few all by themselves (like Barrien quitting on that interception).

I gotta say though, for the most part Rex still looks like Rex from last year through the preseason and first game...erratic.

Brian G.

Rex Continues to Perplex [:-boggled

• 2 weeks later...

Week 3

Well that Stunk!!!

Bad Rex - Or maybe he felt the offensive line needed more rest so he just threw up the interceptions.

Defense - Where is Ron (Chico) Rivera? At least when he was the D Coordinator if they showed blitzed, they Blitzed!!!

Geez, well better luck to Brian G. Monday night. I think the Saints are due for win.

Frank

Rex is at the edge of the cliff, about to tumble in Back-Up Valley. The Bears D isn't quite the same either, whether because of Rivera or something else. The way Green Bay is playing, da Bears will have to claw and scratch just to win the division again.

A lot of good-teams-playing-bad bounced back with a win this week. Here's hoping that holds for one more day. [:-wiltel]

Brian G.

0 - 3 Would Be a Deeeeep Pit [:-scared]

Chicagoland Sports Talk Radio Stations had fun with this QB change. It has been an interesting week. Either Griese, Orton, Grossman, or another call to Jeff George, the other parts of the Offensive still need to do their jobs. (Maybe some Gorilla Glue will help)

It appears that the Defensive has some injuries that worry me. Lance Briggs, Tommie Harris, Tillman (DB) & Vasher (DB), didn't practice this week, and it 's the Kitna - Roy Williams connection that they need to stop.

I haven't seen the highlights yet, but I saw the score of the Bears-Lions game...ouch. The post-Grossman era is off to a rocky start, but it looks like defense was more of a problem this week. Injuries can make any team worse in a hurry.

Brian G.

Is This a Crazy League or What? [:-boggled

Originally posted by Brian G

I haven't seen the highlights yet

Brian G.

Don't waste your time!

They have a lot of wounds to lick this week. Too bad a football game isn't 3 quarters. Again they have a meltdown in the fourth.

Next week Sunday night against the Packers. When is Ole' Brett F. going to retire???

Frank

Originally posted by Brian G

Brian G.

Brett Should Do Energizer Commercials [/navy][;)]

Yea that's right.

But it doesn't matter, Lovie Smith is 4-0 at Green bay, and to die hard Bears fans, that means a lot.

First half & Second half was like night and day. Running game still needs work, but it looks like the QB, tight-end package is working out.

And what can I say about the Defense? Saved the day again. It's going to be a good week.

Frank

• 1 month later...

Well that was a cool game. Wasn't pretty, but it's a win. Da Bears can't afford to loose, to keep any thoughts of post season play alive.

Devon Hester got the MVP, but I feel there are a couple of honorable mentions: A. Peterson, stepping up after Benson's injury. Rex for staying cool in the pocket, and throwing good passes, (even though the receivers had too much butter on their hands). Also, Todd Sauerbrun from the Broncos; without his arrogant ass, Hester probably would of never touched the ball.

It's a good, if ugly, win for the Bears. I can't believe Denver kicked to Hester. That's just dumb. I can see not wanting to kick out of bounds on the kickoffs, the rules make that approach unworkable, but on punts?!? If I were coaching against the Bears I'd never, ever punt to him. [:-dunce]

Brian G.

Play With Fire, Get Burned [:-hot]

• 4 weeks later...

Originally posted by Jerry Simon

Hey, Goodman...looks like next week could mean something for you guys, along with losses by Minnie and Wash.

Sorry to keep you hanging Jerry, I just drug in from Christmas at the In-laws.

I'd say the odds are really bad, but you never know. I think Washington should get it, but "should" doesn't mean much. Minnesota won't go anywhere if they get in. No QB.

Wanna chance to get your t-spot back? Even up?

Sure, why not. Last year both teams were up, this year they're both down. Sounds fair enough to me, but when do we get a shot at your boys in the dome fer Pete's sake? [:-irked]

Are you going to New Orleans for IW?

Brian G.

Throwing Good Money After Bad? [:-wiltel][;)]

Wanna chance to get your t-spot back? Even up?

Sure, why not. Last year both teams were up, this year they're both down. Sounds fair enough to me, but when do we get a shot at your boys in the dome fer Pete's sake? [:-irked]

Are you going to New Orleans for IW?

Brian G.

Throwing Good Money After Bad? [:-wiltel][;)]

No, won't be at IW. You'll have to mail the t-spot.id="maroon">