College Football 2007

Brian G

So who do you boys like to attain the dubious, unofficial title of the most overated team? Will it Michigan or Notre Dame going 0 -3 Saturday? I have to pick Michigan to win the game. Notre Dame is overated every year.

I'd say Virginia Tech deserves a mention in that discussion as well. LSU beat them as bad as they beat Mississippi State a week before, but with less difficulty (State is unranked and picked to finish at the bottom of the SEC).

A tip of the hat to Cal from week one, for a fine peformance against Tennessee. Cal looks fast. The Vols were gutty, but were simply outmatched by the Golden Bears.

Brian G.

Lord, Send My Bulldogs a Quarterback (Please) [:-angel]

Lord, Send My Bulldogs a Quarterback (Please)

Sorry Brian, but I think we got him (Jake Locker). Probably not enough to take us too far this year but the kid has great potentail. The Huskies have to have one of the most brutal schedules. 7 out of 13 games against ranked teams (counting Boise State who we knocked out of the standings last week).

So as far as who is over-rated...I'm hoping it's Ohio State this week, but I suspect a return to reality and an ass kicking, although I'm more than willing to be pleasantly surprised. [:-footbal

Originally posted by Richard Moore

So as far as who is over-rated...I'm hoping it's Ohio State this week, but I suspect a return to reality and an ass kicking, although I'm more than willing to be pleasantly surprised.

I think you have a real shot at that one. Conferences, like individual teams, trend up and down over time. The Big 10 is down right now; the Pac 10 is up. Ohio State may turn out to be only marginally better than Michigan, if your boys can ignore the hype and swagger surounding the Buckeyes. That's part of how Appalacian State beat Michigan.

Brian G.

Hype Takes a Hit [:-party]

Well as expected, the over-rated trophy goes to Notre Dame. I must say I didn't expect that score though.

Ohio State didn't look like an over-hyped team. They may walk away with the Big 10 again.

Richard, send Locker down here. I'll give you $20 bucks for the kid (cash!). [;)]

In the SEC the 2nd story line is the rise of the downtrodden.

Kentucky is tough this year, knocking off highly ranked Louisville last Saturday.

South Carolina, which has frustrated Steve Spurrier's vaunted coaching abilities thus far, is suddenly looking dangerous.

Nick Saban is working his old familiar magic at Bama, now 3 - 0 after upsetting Arkansas in a terrific game.

And last but not least, lowly Mississippi State is now 2 - 1 after a gutty win at Auburn (sorry Gary). The Dawgs won't contend for the West title or anything, but they may spoil someone else's shot along the way.

Brian G.

In Pigskin Heaven [:-footbal[:-angel]