Unregulated and somewhat renegade business climate

hausdok

Well, I read the piece and find it incorrect. These folks can't ever seem to get the math right. If the trainee has to do 80 unpaid in four weeks that seems to be twenty per week or four per day - unpaid.

Then of course, he is an expert by way of building hotels. Forgive me, but in this market I get a littly frosty when those that can't, train those that want to and the consumer gets Screwed! Problem is the screwee never even knows it, because they will stick with the same real estate person who continues to recommend a dummy.

I gotta find a part time job - maybe brain surgery, I have a good background in it, I used to be a nice person.

Mike,

This is exactly the sort of thing that completely bastardizeds the inspection business. Now there are another 80-90,000 people that read that and elevate another dummy to icon status. If they are ASHI or NACHI members, then work with them - not re-invent the wheel to smooth things out! I can't recall ever working with them or seeing their work at a national level, but then again, I don't know everyone.

AND, I don't think John G knows them either! Maybe Scott P or Walter J, or Kurt M or Jim K etc....... Could be they are retired National Leaders of ASHI or NACHI.

Originally posted by Les

Mike,

This is exactly the sort of thing that completely bastardizeds the inspection business. Now there are another 80-90,000 people that read that and elevate another dummy to icon status. If they are ASHI or NACHI members, then work with them - not re-invent the wheel to smooth things out! I can't recall ever working with them or seeing their work at a national level, but then again, I don't know everyone.

AND, I don't think John G knows them either! Maybe Scott P or Walter J, or Kurt M or Jim K etc....... Could be they are retired National Leaders of ASHI or NACHI.

Never heard of him or them. According to the information on the ASHI site; Kal is an ASHI Associate and that means he has not taken the NHIE, the SoP exam, has not had his reports verified and has less than 50 inspections under his belt. Now he could also have all of this but has not bothered to move up the membership ladder, but the chance of this I would think are slim.

I wonder if I could start selling franchises? I could call it "Y'all Inspections!"

I'd like to know where that reduction in Kentucky Inspectors is. Before we started the licensing process, we were able to document about 350-400 inspectors inspecting in Kentucky. Right now, there are 390 licensed inspectors. Reduction?? I think not. Just about the same level if not the same inspectors. Lots going out and lots coming in.

And of course the Sibcy Cline realtor refers them. Tell's me they are on the Sibcy Cline pay to play list. A few thousand to get in and a kickback (oops, I mean marketing fee) per inspection.

Originally posted by Les

Mike,

This is exactly the sort of thing that completely bastardizeds the inspection business. Now there are another 80-90,000 people that read that and elevate another dummy to icon status.

Well, thank goodness, not really. One newspaper/magazine article/TV or radio appearance means absolutely nothing. Every time I get on TV or radio, I get 2 or 3 calls from somebody out in the sticks wanting to know if I can fetch a dead possum from under his house.

I've written 500+ newspaper columns, and dozens of magazine articles. These add up to means millions of "exposures." When I Google myself, I find something I wrote or said on about 10 pages of Google, before other Walters and Jowerses start to dilute the stream. If everybody who read my stuff sent me a dollar, I'd have tens of millions in the bank right now. Rest assured, though, I have what a fellow writer calls, "third-string-minor-league-catcher recognition." My claim to fame is that a few disgruntled-homeowner websites reprint some of my columns. I am less than a blip on the radar. I'm a bl..., maybe just a b...

So, don't sweat Patel, or any other "one-hit wonder." Statistically, nobody read the article, nobody knows who he is or what he does, and his ripple effect is less than zero.

WJ