College Football - WOW!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

"My wife thought it was cute - the way the offense synchronized their heads to look at the sidelines like a clutch of chicks looking to their mom."

Or maybe something like this?

Image Insert:

200812131159_desertmeerkats-707072-ga.jpg

25.39 KB

It looks funny, but I like it. It is going to be fun to watch.

War Eagle

Tim

Originally posted by Bob White

I hope WVU fares better than the other coachless teams, but even if their coaching staff had continuity, I don't think they'd have a shot against Oklahoma.

Oops. Nevermind.

I guess college football prognosticator is not in the cards for me if the HI gig doesn't pan out.....

You gotta hand it to West Virginia, they played an all-out game. That game sort of reminded me of the Michigan - Florida game; no matter how many points the OK offense scored, the defense gave up more. Oklahoma has to be feeling a little snake-bit about now. Last year the Boise State thing, now this game.

Kansas also pulled the upset, though this was different story. After pissing away most of the first half trying to be clever, VT finally found their groove with the power running game. Yet in the second half, they steadfastly refuse to go back to it with any consistency. Can anyone explain that? It's not the first time I've seen it happen in a game, but I never thought an experinced coach like Frank Beamer would be guilty of it. Go figure.

Only one left now, the big one. I hope LSU is paying attention to these upsets; you can bet Ohio State is.

Brian G.

Geaux Tigers [:-tiger]

As predicted by the GP, a rested, coached-up LSU was way too much for Ohio State. It was great football year down here, one of the best I can remember (Heisman trophy, 7 - 2 in bowls, and the national title). Next year...who knows?

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Michigan and their new coach next year. Will the Buckeyes step it up, or will the Wolverines reverse the losing trend of recent years? There was a lot of yap about the Big 10's problems after the game, and today, in the sports media. For what it's worth, I think the main problem is not with Ohio State or Michigan. They recruit top talent, they have top coaches, they have first-rate facilities, and on and on. What they don't have is serious, weekly competetion from the bottom half of the Big 10. The top dogs there don't get pushed hard to improve or lose the same way they do in the PAC-10 and SEC right now. And some of this is just a natural up-and-down trend that passes through all conferences at times. The Big-10 will be back.

Brian G.

Waiting Till Next Year [8]