Be Careful Responding to Those E-Mails

hausdok

If you're like me, you've noticed that lately there seems to have been a huge increase in the number of suspicious emails coming from what, at first blush, seem to be legitimate organizations but later turn out to be scam artists trying to lure me in with phishing techniques.

The situation has gotten so perverse that I no longer accept any e-mail from most commercial entities and will no longer do any online transactions with any business, unless they can prove to me that they have rock solid internet security and there is a foolproof means to know how to differentiate their e-mails from clones created by phishing scammers. Consequently, most of the commerce that I do is now the old fashioned way, with pen and paper and via snail mail. It's a damned shame, but it's the world we live in.

That's why I got more than a little bit of pleasure to read today of how a huge international operation has managed to net some of the scum that run these operations. Now, if they would just re-open Devil's Island and begin shipping to there some of the human toe jam that perpetrates these scams we might see some real progress against them.

To read more, click here.