The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight

hausdok

Originally posted by hausdok

Man, these Texans sure know how to have fun. Nothing like mixing a little bit of alcohol with firearms use. Guess they figure it gives the deer a fighting chance if the guy with weapon can't aim it very well.

They're an embarrassment to our species.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Well,

I did read something the other day about how scientists have found that humans and the extinct Neanderthal did share some of the same DNA. Maybe they aren't extinct and some of them did manage to evolve but they're in isolated pockets of Texas. [:D]

(My apologies to the non-Neanderthal's living in Texas that see this. I can hear the sponsors now; "Shut up O'Handley! All of the Texas members have just left the building because you couldn't resist one of your wise cracks!")

OT - OF!!!

M.

Originally posted by hausdok

Well,

I did read something the other day about how scientists have found that humans and the extinct Neanderthal did share some of the same DNA. Maybe they aren't extinct and some of them did manage to evolve but they're in isolated pockets of Texas. [:D]

(My apologies to the non-Neanderthal's living in Texas that see this. I can hear the sponsors now; "Shut up O'Handley! All of the Texas members have just left the building because you couldn't resist one of your wise cracks!")

OT - OF!!!

M.

It's not just Texans. I've encountered the primitive-DNA thing in every state I've lived it. (Well, except the state of denial, everything's perfect there.)

It's rampant on college campuses.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Hunting is not my cup of tea, but I really have no problem with regulated hunting and responsible hunters. The lack of natural predators (wolves, etc) does mean overpopulation in many game species and I think it is a very valid food source for many. I do suspect that the high priced, un-natural, game parks attract the "screw-the-hunt-I just-want-to kill-something-and-boast-about-it" crowd and they stretch my tolerance.

But, to be fair... I googled a little bit on the photos and one savvy hunter noted that there weren't any gun-racks on the vehicles and he believes they are simply for "visual" safaris, albeit with drinks, rather than roving gun platforms.

The one photo that does really disgust me is the guy in the hot-tub. I doubt that he's going to jump out naked (except for the hat) and make sure he hasn't just wounded some hapless critter. That particular "gentleman" is likely from a shallower gene pool than the one he is sitting in!

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

Conspicuous consumption has always made me uneasy.

Good for you. There's nothing wrong with having money, but I've always believed there is something wrong with spending it that way.

I think the one of the guy in the hot tub is just a staged BS shot, meant to be funny. You can't shoot squat through a fogged-up scope.

Brian G.

Are Those Things Amphibious? [:-bigeyes