random, albeit odd thoughts

I can remember having a whole-house fan, before we got central heating and cooling. I hated the AC at first. The way the registers were installed it seemed like it was blowing right on you no matter where you went. Sitting on the couch, standing at the kitchen sink, trying to sleep in bed. To this day I don't like it blowing right on me, but I sure do like it in general.

Back-in-the-day stories are timeless. All that changes is the details. Someday we, or our kids, will be telling the next generation about how "cars" used to roll on the ground, etc., etc., etc. And the teller will make it all sound very wonderful somehow. The good ole' days get better and better as we get farther and farther from them, because they usually weren't that great at the time.

Brian G.

These ARE the Good Ole Days (just wait a while) [;)]

I remember

The foundation of the homestead being rocks that were stacked 6 to 8 or so inches above the ground.

Lofts in the attic area. Rooms seperated by blankets hung nails in the open ceiling joists.

Feeling the wind and seeing insects come up from the cracks in the floor.

Drawing water from a well by using a bucket and rope. Gourds were used as "water dippers.â€