Has anyone heard of Window Medics before?

I looked up defogit.com and the domain name expired 5/26/11. I looked up ccwwi.com and it says the domain name is for sale. I looked up windowmedics.com and their website is not so user friendly - there's lots of info on becoming a vendor or a dealer, but not so much when it comes to locating a dealer - in fact it seems they're still working on that.

So, any suggestions on a company that is active and financially stable that will repair foggy/condensation-filled windows in northeast Ohio?

Thanks.

Lisa

I looked up defogit.com and the domain name expired 5/26/11. I looked up ccwwi.com and it says the domain name is for sale. I looked up windowmedics.com and their website is not so user friendly - there's lots of info on becoming a vendor or a dealer, but not so much when it comes to locating a dealer - in fact it seems they're still working on that.

So, any suggestions on a company that is active and financially stable that will repair foggy/condensation-filled windows in northeast Ohio?

Thanks.

Lisa

I'm a stones throw from you Lisa but can't help - sorry. Perhaps when Ezra checks in he might know of a company.

How bad are the windows? They can't repair if their too far gone.

Here's a good example from todays inspection. It's toast.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20117518424_Greystone%20007.jpg

40.17 KB

Fogged windows need to be replaced. There is not any real effective repair for such.

Mind you the entire window/frame etc., does not have to be placed ... just the fogged window. Window dudes remove that section and take the wrap from around the failed section and put around the new section and put back into the overall window frame.

I think all the foggy window fixers went into the bath tub fixers, but if you wait long enough foggy window fixers will come back after people have forgotten how the process didn't hold up the first time.

Most glass can be taken out of the sash (the sash is the part of the window that holds the glass) and replaced with new glass. If it is a brand name (Anderson comes to mind) there may be a warranty on the glass not foggy up for 10 to 20 years.

I suggest calling a local glass company like Modern Sash Repair on North Main.

• 4 months later...

Insulated glass packs are sealed units. If there's moisture in the airspace that seal has failed. Once it's un-sealed it can't be re-sealed. All the repairs are band aids. The only fix is to replace the failed unit with a new factory sealed unit.

FWIW, insulated glass was invented over 60 years ago specifically so that no one would have to clean the surfaces that face the airspace. It's amusing that washing those surfaces is now a salable service. There's one born every minute.

Got 7 windows done. 3 remained fogged after 3months. Unable to get any phone call back, no physical store. No way to get money back or serviced. I got ripped off as it will cost me more to replace those windows (unusable) than if I would have changed them all in the first place.

But you learned a valuable lesson that will serve you well for the rest of your life.

Didn't Andersen have a line of windows, in the 60's, that were two single panes of glass completely fused at the edges? Maybe a 1/64th inch space between panes.

According to Window Medic there is no such thing as a failed/broken seal. Their website has a unique opening page!

Didn't Andersen have a line of windows, in the 60's, that were two single panes of glass completely fused at the edges? Maybe a 1/64th inch space between panes.

Yes, welded glass. 1/16th inch annealed glass both sides, 3/8ths inch overall. Seal failures were virtually nil, but they were convection engines since there was no thermal break between interior and exterior surfaces.

According to Window Medic there is no such thing as a failed/broken seal.

That's because they have to drill a hole in the IG unit to perform their cleaning. They make a big hole in the seal and never address the original leak. It's cosmetic. But they can fill them with argon for you!

Their website has a unique opening page!

If you enjoy having seizures. Anybody got an aspirin?

• 6 months later...

Got 7 windows done. 3 remained fogged after 3months. Unable to get any phone call back, no physical store. No way to get money back or serviced. I got ripped off as it will cost me more to replace those windows (unusable) than if I would have changed them all in the first place.

But you learned a valuable lesson that will serve you well for the rest of your life.

Unfortunately, It shouldn't be a valuable lesson in life. Life isn't all about being taken advantage of or ripped off.

It should just be better business services for their clients. With good compnay policies.To stand by their work and represent their company well. And to do the best they possibly can, this is what makes for a fabulous company to do well. This is not what they do.

I know, because my elderly parents were scammed by window medics of Ontario and they live in Quebec. Herve Joasil & Micheal Joasil of window medics of Ontario. Herve & Michael have refused to take phone calls, come back and fix the windows and or give a refund. They've ignored their own warranty guarantee. They have a tech named Theo and he is just as bad as they are. It was a only a few hundred dollars, which is not alot of money for us, but for the elderly it is. I have given them the money back and also paid for the replacement of their windows.

I have also reported them to Revenue Canada for demanding cash to avoid paying taxes in Quebec. Which they have no problems saying and or asking for.

They charge $100-$120.00 per window and they do tell you, it takes 2-3 months for all the moisture to be gone and if it's not, just call back and they will come back. Again, poor business tactics because they will not.

Just buyer beware. & Move on...

Oh, their so called non toxic formula is just pure white vinegar. That's all.

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately, It shouldn't be a valuable lesson in life. Life isn't all about being taken advantage of or ripped off.

It should just be better business services for their clients. With good compnay policies.To stand by their work and represent their company well. And to do the best they possibly can, this is what makes for a fabulous company to do well. This is not what they do.

I know, because my elderly parents were scammed by window medics of Ontario and they live in Quebec. Herve Joasil & Micheal Joasil of window medics of Ontario. Herve & Michael have refused to take phone calls, come back and fix the windows and or give a refund. They've ignored their own warranty guarantee. They have a tech named Theo and he is just as bad as they are. It was a only a few hundred dollars, which is not alot of money for us, but for the elderly it is. I have given them the money back and also paid for the replacement of their windows.

I have also reported them to Revenue Canada for demanding cash to avoid paying taxes in Quebec. Which they have no problems saying and or asking for.

They charge $100-$120.00 per window and they do tell you, it takes 2-3 months for all the moisture to be gone and if it's not, just call back and they will come back. Again, poor business tactics because they will not.

Hi,

Harvey here from Window Medics, I don't know who you are or when your windows were done, but I can assure you that if I would have been contacted the problem would have been resolved. We service many windows in the area and have little to no problems as we make sure to pick them carefully. If they pose a problem we simply replace them and charge the difference as we do that to. Can't speak for what ever happened in Ontario as I don't work there but anyone with issues in Montreal usually call me as they have my personal cell phone and I'm there. If some how we couldn't get to you I apologize but reworks happen and we do them, actually have one today, client had 30 windows done, 2 have not dried, going there in 2hrs to dry them, it's that simple.

• 2 years later...

Herve why don't you get honest instead of Bsing everyone here. The complaints are mounting up.

You don't replace anything. You don't finish your work and your subs complain about not getting paid. You take the money and run. I was personally scammed by you. I am a real victim of yours.

I will gladly reveal who I am and I challenge you to come back to discuss this right here but I doubt you will after that nice hollow Bs speech. Soon I will posting my proof here and everywhere that will be undeniable.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your brother is worse and guess its been rubbing off on you. Good on you not [:-thumbd]

According to Window Medic there is no such thing as a failed/broken seal. Their website has a unique opening page!

That was their standard product up until about the mid-1980's. But I almost never see a seal failure with their windows even from the mid to late 1980's.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Harvey here from Window Medics, I don't know who you are or when your windows were done, but I can assure you that if I would have been contacted the problem would have been resolved. We service many windows in the area and have little to no problems as we make sure to pick them carefully. If they pose a problem we simply replace them and charge the difference as we do that to. Can't speak for what ever happened in Ontario as I don't work there but anyone with issues in Montreal usually call me as they have my personal cell phone and I'm there. If some how we couldn't get to you I apologize but reworks happen and we do them, actually have one today, client had 30 windows done, 2 have not dried, going there in 2hrs to dry them, it's that simple.

Research shows that Window medics has piled up about 15 lawsuits against themselves. Most if not all are not defended just end up as default judgments.

Window medics screws not only people who engage their services but they also rip off some of their suppliers. They defraud folks at both ends of the stick and on top of that they often don't pay their sub contractors. They are not not licensed contractors in either Quebec or Ontario. What a business they run. Don't pay for product, don't pay contractors and don't finish work or supply any warranty .!!!

• 2 months later...

As a company, communication is key and unfortunately this was not the case with Window Medics.

1. There were delays against the proposed timeline given, unfortunately I had to initiate all the calls to find out what was going on.

2. I did open a BBB case against this company as I wanted a refund when the window was not delivered on time, nor any communication was given.

3. When I opened the case with the BBB, the individual claimed the window was at the warehouse and offered that I could pick it up and if I didn't want it to be installed they would deduct that from the bill. When I suggested that if the window was at the warehouse they could install it that week, I was told it actually wasn't there. They did provide a PO to show it was ordered, at which point I requested a refund again (if no money is provided even on a custom order and the plant had not made it nor could they obtain a delivery date I am sure it could be canceled). That did not happen.

4.The window did finally come in, and the subcontractor called to setup an appointment, but said he would call me back later that day as he didn't have his calendar (not sure why he would call to setup an appointment if he can't take the information).

5. I had to call, yet again, Window Medics as the subcontractors phone was either turned off and/or mailbox full. This was the only way to get a hold of him, even his website only has the phone number.

6. The date was finally setup, which I had to take time off work to have it installed. The subcontractor did not show at the selected time, nor did he call to make new arrangements. I finally was able to reach him and I was told that there was a problem at the warehouse and he would see me at 4:30. His phone was turned off after this conversation as every call made went to VM which was full. I left a series of messages and emails to Window Medics as well.

7. The subcontractor called me a 6 to say he could install it in 30 minutes.

A list of items the subcontractor brought to install the window. A pry bar, a tack hammer and razor blades. There was no ladder, caulking and/or any other tools that might be required to do the job. He wanted to stand on my sons swivel office chair to try and pull out the original window at which point I stopped him and provided him with some necessary tools for his own safety (I no longer trusted his decision making so I stayed present for the entire operation). I also supplied the caulking so the job could be completed to a degree so at least the window wouldn't leak when it rained the next day,

The tiny pieces of glass on my sons carpet I had to cleaned up, the molding I will have to finish. My point is the company is represented by a few things communication, subcontractors and unfortunately I had a bad experience with both.

Even with the time it cost me off work, I have the window and I am taking this a life lesson to do a little more research before selecting a company to deal with.

This is my experience with the company.