GE HVAC ages

Jackson

I don't have the data in front of me, but in an earlier post someone gave a link to a website which deciphered manufacturer's date codes. However, my recollection of GE in particular is that they sold off their HVAC division sometime in the early 80's. Occasionally, I still see some of their heat pumps still in operation in condo's. Pretty durable stuff. But based on what I've seen, I would assume it's over 20 years old. Consider every day it works as a gift.

Sure,

Go to the TIJ Library to the Heating Systems category and download a copy of the serial number decoding chart.

From that chart: Age is the last 3 digits of the serial number. First digit being the year and the second and the third digits being the month. Example xxxxx241 = 41st week of 1982, 92, 02, etc., xxxxx533 = 33rd week of 1985, 95, 05, etc..

If anyone has more brands and serial number decoding information to add to that, let me know so I can update it when I have the time.

OT - OF!!!

M.