Free: USDA AH#73 - Wood-Frame House Construction

OK Folks,

It's taken me the past hour and a half, but I just saved everyone $55 by adding a 10 part PDF document - USDA Handbook #73: Wood-Frame House Construction - to TIJ's documents library. If you don't have a copy of this 260 page manual in your professional library, you need to add it now, lest the rest of us find out and brand you as a poser.

Get yourself a 1-1/2 inch binder, a 3-hole punch, a reem of paper, replenish the cartridge on your printer, and start printing. The links to all 10 parts of this document in TIJ's library are below. You can also find them on the menu bar above under "Library" - "New Files" and in the file directory in the Structural category under "Construction Techniques."

Enjoy!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

U.S. Department of Agriculture Handbook #73: Wood-Frame House Construction by Sherwood, Gerald El, Stroh, Robert C. 1989. 260 pages total, dowloadable here free in 10 parts.

Cover, Table of Contents, Introduction

Chapter 1: Before Construction Starts

Chapter 2: Laying the Groundwork

Chapter 3: Framing & Closing In

Chapter 4: Completing the Shell

Chapter 5: Specialty Features

Chapter 6: Working Inside

Chapter 7: Finishing Touches

Chapter 8: Special Topics

Technical Notes, Bibliography, Glossary, Index

If you don't have a copy of this 260 page manual in your professional library, you need to add it now, lest the rest of us find out and brand you as a poser.

I'm not usually one to criticize free stuff and I certainly always, always appreciate Mike's efforts, but I just took a quick 30 second look at one of the chapters. I saw a couple things described and illustrated that I'm pretty sure aren't acceptable installations, even for 1989.

I'm sure as I get time to read more, there will be valuable information to absorb, but I wouldn't rely on it as the bible of framing.

• 2 months later...