Quick Inspection

"While this isn't the youngest house in the area, you have to admire its endurance! Sure, some remodeling will be needed, but who wants a house that looks the way the last couple left it anyway, eh? Budget for a new roof and monitor the stone walls."

Bucketheads-R-Us Home Inspection [:-dopey]

Brian G.

Real Estate Novelist [^]

As an inspector who works in an area where an "old" home is 100 years old or less, and even "really old" is almost never prior to 1870, I regret the loss of even a relatively modest home such as this. Hell, I inspected a 6000+ square foot home built in 1853 for free just to see it and the techniques used. I guess where they are more common the locals take them for granted. It's a shame. There was a lot of history there.

As seen in the real estate ad:

Been looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life? Well, do we have a rustic country charmer for you! Sturdy stone construction is sure to last a millennium. This home has a nice airy feeling to it and is in near move in condition, just waiting for your special touches.

Some repairs might be needed, home will be sold as is.

Originally posted by AHI in AR

As an inspector who works in an area where an "old" home is 100 years old or less, and even "really old" is almost never prior to 1870, I regret the loss of even a relatively modest home such as this. Hell, I inspected a 6000+ square foot home built in 1853 for free just to see it and the techniques used. I guess where they are more common the locals take them for granted. It's a shame. There was a lot of history there.

I agree. It's a shame. There's not much anything more beautiful than a stone house. The few times I've been in or around one, I can look @ every stone & sense the folks placing it there.

Lotta ghosts in that place.