Posting Events to TIJ's Calendar

Hi All,

You've all undoubtedly noticed that in the past 24 hours I added a whole lot of new events to our coming events calendar. Though there's a lot of stuff there, I bet some of you are wondering, "Hey, I see all of kinds of events listed for other organizations and chapters, but I don't see anything listed for mine," and you want to know why those events aren't there and how you can get them posted.

The answer is simple - they aren't there because nobody has bothered to tell me about them and I don't have unlimited hours available to troll google and the internet looking for a myriad of coming events from all of the various associations. I also don't have a whole lot of time to sit down and upload them, and, as you can see, I tend to save them up and do it all at once.

So, how do you get them posted, and quickly? This answer is also simple - post them yourself! It's FREE and it's incredibly easy. Here's what you do:

• 1. Go to "Events" on the menu bar above and then click on "Add Events" in the sub-menu that appears. Read the terms of use and then either agree to proceed or cancel. If you agree to the terms, a calendar will display.

2. Find the date that the events begins on the calendar and click on that date.

3. Scroll the box to the forum "Tell Us About It!!!" and click on the "Go" button.

4. Enter the name of the event in the subject box, ie. Western Washington InterNACHI Chapter Meeting, or CREIA - San Diego Chapter Meeting, etc.

5. Enter the facts about your event in the composition box in the following format:

-WHAT: Name of Entity and type of event

-WHEN: The day of the week and the date, ie. Tuesday, December 4, 2007

-WHERE: The name of the hotel or event center, including the street address, city, state, zip code, and phone number and URL if you have them.

-DETAILS: A brief description of the event, ie. This is a two hour general membership-training meeting preceded by a one-hour basic inspection education meeting for new inspectors.

-MRCs/CEUs: List how many are awarded and by whom.

-POC: (Point of Contact) Provide the name, phone number, email address of someone who can answer questions about the event.

-ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Provide a URL where the flyer for the event can be found on the internet.

6.Click the "Submit Event" button

The event will not display right away, so, if you don't see it, don't repeat the process. That's because once you've submitted the event, it will go into a cache where I'll see it before I'll approve it for posting.

I reserve the right to truncate overly-long announcements that are full of hyperbole. The item should be as brief and as to-the-point as possible.

As long as the event is from a non-profit and it is a first-time announcement, I'll approve it. When I do, you'll get an email from me telling you when it goes up.

If for some reason I won't approve it, ie. it's from a for-profit entity, such as a manufacturer of a product, a person who's making his living doing seminars, a public relations firm, etc., I'll notify the poster via email that it wasn't approved for posting. Those entities are welcome to contact me to discuss my paid advertising rates.

That's it. It's not hard and it takes literally about 5 minutes to do it. Let's hope that this will prompt some folks to post their own organizational events in the future.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike