Cost of Repairs Sheet for West Texas

Hello,

I was wanting a little help in getting a closer look at a cost of repairs sheet for Texas.

I am starting to do inspections for a company out of PA that wants a repair cost for all deferred items and repair items.

I usually never comment on the repair cost itself besides small things like GFCI plugs or anti-siphon devices.

Does anyone out there have a good "Cost of Repair sheet for those of us in Texas"??

Thanks

DP

Originally posted by Discovery Pro

... Does anyone out there have a good "Cost of Repair sheet for those of us in Texas"?? ...

Not sure that is wise move. Doublecheck the TREC rules ... if I recall we're not allowed to comment on cost of repairs.

I will check again myself to ensure my "remembrance" is correct.

Hello,

I was wanting a little help in getting a closer look at a cost of repairs sheet for Texas.

I am starting to do inspections for a company out of PA that wants a repair cost for all deferred items and repair items.

I usually never comment on the repair cost itself besides small things like GFCI plugs or anti-siphon devices.

Does anyone out there have a good "Cost of Repair sheet for those of us in Texas"??

Thanks

DP

Would it be Fidelity Inspections?

I give them a range like this;

1. GFCI outlet does not work. Cost to repair $100 to $200

2. Soffit is rotting. Cost to replace rotting wood $150 to $300+ (depends on what is hidden)

I give a broad range for repairs, always go high. It is what they tell their relo clients. If your state does not allow it, just tell them that. I don't know of any state that would not allow you to give a repair cost estimate. Not much different than when folks report Minor and Major for problems based on the cost of the item that needs repair.

This has worked for me for the past few years that I have done work for them.

DP,

I got a reply from TREC Legal this morning and they confirmed that "yes" TREC inspectors 'can' provide cost estimates for repair, but they emphasized that you will be held liable for any statements made should there ever be any dispute from the trade involved.

Of course ... this is not any new revelation for us HI's.

I just wanted to be sure that TREC Legal didn't have something hidden somewhere that could open you up for a slap on the hand.

Scott how did you guess that..yes it is for fidelity.

Wow your right i will go high on everthing and I should be good.

thanks Guys

DP

They are about the only ones that are doing any business and want repair cost figures. They might also ask you to do re-inspections to see if the repairs were made. I told them that I do not do reinspections and they no longer ask me to do them.