North America Isn't the Only Place Decks Collapse

hausdok

Originally posted by Home Pride

I would've guessed that the decks in Australia fall up.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

[:-thumbd] Yea, it's always funny when people get hurt....

Dom.

Well, sometimes it is. Most of what we call humor is based to some degree on the suffering of others. America's Funniest Home Videos made the suffering of others into mass entertainment. Youtube continues the trend. Humor is an odd thing.

I apologize if I offended you. That wasn't my intent.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I apologize if I offended you. That wasn't my intent.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Thanks, I'm not offended though, just thought you'd like another viewpoint.

Jim, it was funny.

Give me the good old days before "Political Correctness".

I don't believe "Political Correctness" is the same as tactful common sense, when it involves serious injuries.

Dom.

Originally posted by Home Pride

I don't believe "Political Correctness" is the same as tactful common sense, when it involves serious injuries.

Dom.

Chill out, Cub Scout!

Jeez, Louise there weren't even any broken bones. I've broken bones and years later, it cracks me up. Please, laugh - 'tis the season.

It wasn't even that funny - no offense, Jim[:-party]

I'm with Gary on this one - that whole spoonful of sugar way of thinking. Heck, I almost died this past August... I'm only here now because of an emergency colostomy. You wouldn't believe the jokes that has led to!! I have a choice: I can either laugh or I can cry - laughing feels better.

-Brad "if you think my colostomy bag is full of shit, you should meet my brother-in-law" Manor

Originally posted by Jim Katen

Originally posted by hausdok

This article from the Camden Advertiser, an Australian newspaper, tells about two balcony collapses that occurred Down Under this past weekend.

To read the article, click here.

I would've guessed that the decks in Australia fall up.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Well, sure. Every time one of the softball girls fouls one over the backstop in practice, I yell out, "That's a home run in Australia!"

The clever ones then trot around the bases. 3rd, 2nd, 1st, then home.

WJid="blue">

Originally posted by Brad Manor

I'm with Gary on this one - that whole spoonful of sugar way of thinking. Heck, I almost died this past August... I'm only here now because of an emergency colostomy. You wouldn't believe the jokes that has led to!! I have a choice: I can either laugh or I can cry - laughing feels better.

-Brad "if you think my colostomy bag is full of shit, you should meet my brother-in-law" Manor

Damn, dude! Glad you're alright.

You have to have a sense of humor in this world.

Stephen King once said that horror is kinder than humor.

Someone slips on a banana peel, possibly wrenching his back and splitting his head on the sidewalk. But we laugh.

Moe sticks his fingers in Curly's eyes--possibly blinding him--and we laugh.

I tell you that a client of mine was hanging artwork yesterday, pierced a water line with the big-ass nail she was using, and flooded her living room. You laugh.

But when you see some chick trundling through the woods in a Friday the 13th movie, about to have her head whacked off, you don't laugh. Instead you experience a little anxiety and maybe even sympathize with her.

A little screwy? Yes. But that's just the way we're hardwired.

Originally posted by Eric B

I use to joke about showers with the light switch right next to it as being the in-law shower. Always got a laugh -- till about 5 years ago when on an inspection I forgot that the in-laws were also present. Needless to say there was no chance of recovery after that bomb.

O.K. But did you ever ask when the baby was due and she was not pregnant? I did.

Originally posted by ghentjr

O.K. But did you ever ask when the baby was due and she was not pregnant? I did.

Yeah,

I did something close to that. I once congratulated a reel-tour that I hadn't seen in about 6 months and asked her when the baby was due.

Jeez, the expression on her face would have frozen a lake. Then she answered that she wasn't pregnant and asked what had given me that idea. I turn red as a beet when I'm embarrassed. I had to turn away really quick.

Never heard from her again! Imagine that!

OT - OF!!!

M.